Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Report Problems

Posted 01-24-2019 21:14
    Not sure what is wrong with this report.  I want the users to be able to select their region and the rep they want to see but I don't want them to see records for certain reps.  I took the names of the reps out for privacy.

• 2.  RE: Report Problems

Posted 01-25-2019 16:37
    For that report what component of it is not working? Is it not showing records at all or showing too many records?

Looking at the filters if the issue is that records are showing up with reps that shouldn't show up you might want to break out all the is not equal to the user conditions and put them into their very own all separate from the any. This way any record that showed up via the ask the user would all be checked to make sure that none of those reps were present in the results. So the Assigned To/Transferred To/ReAssignedTo fields would all be getting assessed to be not equal to in their own block. 

• 3.  RE: Report Problems

Posted 01-31-2019 14:02
    Yes, it is showing the reps that shouldn't.  If I could somehow get the role of the user in a user field, that would be the best option.  I know it can be done with api but I'm not sure how to work that.  I'll try your suggested way and see what I get.

• 4.  RE: Report Problems

Posted 01-31-2019 14:08
    It sounds like this should be accomplished with a Sales Rep Role and Permissions as opposed to complex report filters.

• 5.  RE: Report Problems

Posted 01-31-2019 20:36
    How can you use roles in a report?

• 6.  RE: Report Problems

Posted 01-31-2019 20:40
    You do not.  You set up the Role Permissions and then regardless of the report filters, the system will respect the Permission settings of the role.

The rules can be crazy complex as to the control over which records a Role may View and which they may edit, since it can be based, if necessary, on a Custom Rule based on a formula field.

• 7.  RE: Report Problems

Posted 01-31-2019 21:11
    So, how would I set up a role so that they can only see records based on another role?

I have management who want to report on their users but not the users of other managers.

• 8.  RE: Report Problems

Posted 02-01-2019 00:06
    A more proper setup is that the Employee file would contain a User field for the Manager.  Then you could easily filer the reports or set a Permission where the Manager is the current user.