Portland-user-group

View Only
  • 1.  URL button to add new record and then go to that record

Posted 08-05-2021 15:48
    Hi everyone, I feel really silly asking this, but I can't figure out how to use a URL button to add a new record and then simply go to the newly added record. This is what I have currently. And, the only reason I'm using API_AddRecord instead of API_GenAddRecordForm is because I can't get it to set field 18 to what I want, but for whatever reason it does work with AddRecord. 

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_CREW_TIME_RECORDS]
    & "?a=API_AddRecord"
    & "&_fid_18=" 
    & Now()
    & "&apptoken=cynqae3bygzqysbuufhnqczijtxn"
    & "&rdr="&URLEncode(URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=doredirect&z=" & Rurl())​

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Elena Larrabee

• 2.  RE: URL button to add new record and then go to that record

Posted 08-06-2021 16:08
    Hi Elena,

I have asked many, many formula questions on the Community in my years of building. In fact, I find it to be one of the better places to ask. Since this is only on the Portland Users, there might be less eyes on it to give you the answer you're looking for. Perhaps posting this question to the general community might help in getting the answer you're looking for. Our Care team should also be able to help with this.

I recently had trouble with building a Formula Rich Text field and was reading up on a new way to identify the Record ID that was just created. This May's Release Notes describes the new %%rid%% feature. This might help in crafting the URL you need to navigate back to the record that was just created.

Release Notes:
    https://help.quickbase.com/release-notes/may-2021-release-notes.html

Article discussing this formula:
    https://community.quickbase.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=35e9a70b-dace-4bac-94e0-de82b3b6ebd9&CommunityKey=d860b0f8-6a48-487b-b346-44c47a19a804&tab=digestviewer

Lee Gilmore