Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

I need to be able to download/export all file attachments defined in a table. Is there a script for this?

• 1.  I need to be able to download/export all file attachments defined in a table. Is there a script for this?

Posted 11-09-2016 19:47

I need to be able to export all file attachments to a directory or memory drive that are being stored in one of my tables. What is the process for this? Thanks!

• 2.  RE: I need to be able to download/export all file attachments defined in a table. Is there a script for this?

Posted 11-09-2016 19:54
    You are better off using a browser extension such DownThemAll as it contains additional features such as filtering, file renaming, retry, logging etc that you are likely to need. See:

Firefox DownThemAll
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/downthemall/

Just create a report that lists the file attachment field and invoke DownThemAll and fill out the relevant configuration options.

• 3.  RE: I need to be able to download/export all file attachments defined in a table. Is there a script for this?

Posted 11-09-2016 20:28
    Thanks dandiebolt_QB_Pirate. I downloaded the add-on but I don't have knowledge about the report creation you mentioned. Can you please explain or elaborate a bit more? Thank you so much in advance!

• 4.  RE: I need to be able to download/export all file attachments defined in a table. Is there a script for this?

Posted 11-09-2016 20:30
    Just create a report including the file attachment field and invoke the DownThemAll extension on that report page.

• 5.  RE: I need to be able to download/export all file attachments defined in a table. Is there a script for this?

Posted 11-09-2016 21:00
    This suggestion worked for me perfectly! Thanks you dandiebolt_QB_Pirate