Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  save & keep working behavior

Posted 02-09-2018 00:31
    We notice when a user clicks the New button and a new record is created, using Save & Keep Working and then Save & Close takes the user back to the Table home page; this is expected.

If we use the Add button on a form, a new child record is created. In this instance clicking Save & Keep Working causes the child Save button to forget the parent. When the user clicks Save & Close the child returns to the child table home page. If the child table home page is hidden from the user we see the big yellow error message. User is lost, malfunction.

We expect the Save & Keep Working button to keep state with the Parent record so that when Save & close is finally selected, the user is returned to the Parent form.

Does anyone else think this is a problem? 

• 2.  RE: save & keep working behavior

Posted 02-16-2018 21:13
    I'd agree that this is an issue, and should be updated in the button functionality.

• 3.  RE: save & keep working behavior

Posted 02-20-2018 16:07
    Hi Jim,

That is good insight on how that combination of steps can lead to a very confusing experience for your end users. I have included this in our internal intake application as feedback to our PD team. I would also as always suggest adding it to User Voice as that helps us to get visibility into how many other users are experiencing confusion from this behavior. Luckily it is a behavior that is easy to replicate so I'll be able to include some visuals along with the feedback. As always thank you for your feedback Jim. 

• 4.  RE: save & keep working behavior

• 5.  RE: save & keep working behavior

Posted 03-12-2019 06:02
    Is quickbase.uservoice.com still a thing? Every time I try to go to those pages I get an error logging in. Yet I am a QuickBase user. 

• 6.  RE: save & keep working behavior

Posted 03-12-2019 13:03
    Hi Wendy,

We are definitely still making use of User Voice to track our product feedback. If you are having an issue logging in from a link then I would suggest going through our Feedback tab. If you go into your My Apps page in Quick Base you will find an orange feedback tab that appears on the left edge of the page. If you click into it a pop up with feedback will come up. If you click into one of the feedback options you can then open up the User Voice website directly from within Quick Base. Some users run into this issue when they haven't used our User Voice before since their Quick Base user hasn't been registered to the User Voice yet. Going through our Feedback tab pushes your user to be registered on User Voice. I hope that information is helpful and if you are still having issues accessing our User Voice after going through the Feedback tab I would suggest contacting our Care team via a case and they can help you resolve any issues you are having with access. 

You can contact our support when signed into Quick Base by clicking on the question mark icon in the upper right hand corner and selecting Manage Support Cases or directly here.

• 7.  RE: save & keep working behavior

Posted 03-12-2019 14:52
    While I definitely appreciate your comment, it's a very odd way and not obvious way to report bugs. I rarely am on my "My Apps" page and spend 99% of my time in one app since I'm developing it. Seems like you would want people to give feedback easily rather than just let them sit and be annoyed.

I'm only just getting around to figuring out why I haven't been able to use and we already started training on our app yesterday. 

As a developer, I'm used to reporting bugs and I can honestly say that I only submitted 2 to customer support because they were impeding the work flow. I would've reported all of them had it been easy.

• 8.  RE: save & keep working behavior

Posted 03-12-2019 14:54
    Quick question: there isn't an option for report a bug/problem. Where would you suggest I report my most annoying bug that I've discovered (other than the support issue that I opened and it was intimated that it was my fault)?

• 9.  RE: save & keep working behavior

Posted 03-12-2019 15:05
    Hi Wendy,

For bugs or technical issues the correct place to report them would be to the Care team via a support case. That makes sure they are entered into our Escalation process and gives the team a chance to access the app and replicate the issue for documentation if we have not seen it before or tie it into any existing bugs that may be open. That way the specifics are available to our Product Developers for troubleshooting and any follow up questions can be asked via the case.

User Voice is our feedback platform for users to submit their feedback on how an existing feature could be enhanced to be more useful or a new feature that would enhance their use of Quick Base. I'm sorry to hear you have had issues with bugs and reporting them to our team and accessing User Voice. Once you've access User Voice once via the feedback tab and your user gets created in User Voice you will be able to access it in the future via links, it just requires that first access so the user is created there. I hope this information is helpful.