Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  avoiding being seen as spam

Posted 05-30-2018 20:30
    I have an app which generates a survey request for feedback email to participants in a training course.

My clients tells me that she is finds that too many of the Survey requests are ending up in the recipients' spam folders.  The recipients are not Quick Base users and we have no control over their email systems or their address books.

Just looking for some advice on how to improve the odds of not being classified as spam email.

Right now the "from" is set as [Last Modified by] (ie the internal user who clicked the button to trigger the email Notification).  It was done that way to allow the recipient to "Reply" to the email if they had questions, but in most cases they will not have questions,  and they will click the link in the email to start a Quick Base Add Record function to complete a Survey with is Open to Everyone On The Internet.

My question is, if I change the "from" to the default notify@quickbase.com, would email systems be less likely to treat it as spam?

• 2.  RE: avoiding being seen as spam

Posted 05-30-2018 20:36
    Mark - my recent experience with this was that Rackspace was blacklisting 'notify@quickbase.com' and stopping emails from getting through.  I switched it to "a User" and it was sending out as "xxxx on behalf of notify@quickbase.com".  That still failed to get through.  I then switched it to "application owner" which was not sent out as "on behalf of"... which solved our problem.  I wonder, in your case, whether creating a robot user email account on the Client's server and switching the Owner of the account to that robot user and then choosing that as the sender might help.  I am sure someone else has had the same issue and might have solution options.

• 3.  RE: avoiding being seen as spam

Posted 05-30-2018 20:42
    Thx Laura,  I think that I will try the change to be from the application owner and see how those emails come though to me.  I was not aware that they look different than if they came from [Last modified by].

• 4.  RE: avoiding being seen as spam

Posted 05-30-2018 20:43
    I did not know that either until my client sent me a screenshot of it!

• 5.  RE: avoiding being seen as spam

Posted 05-30-2018 20:43
    We reached out to our IT team and they white listed @quickbase.com, allowing those emails to not get flagged.

• 6.  RE: avoiding being seen as spam

Posted 05-30-2018 20:49
    Gil, but the point here is that is that these are just random non-user non-employees who attended a training session, so I have no control over their email systems.

• 7.  RE: avoiding being seen as spam

Posted 05-30-2018 20:51
    Makes sense. I missed that part.