Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

How to invoke a form from a button click

• 1.  How to invoke a form from a button click

Posted 08-15-2018 19:44

Hi Quickbase Community Developers,

I have created a new form on the table. This means that the table now has two forms - the original / default one which I always land on when I invoke the application and the additional one which I just created. All the fields in the new form are also on the default form however the new form has fewer fields than the default form. In the default form I have also created a button that I would like to invoke the new form with when it?s clicked. Do you guys know how can I code the button on the default form to invoke / display the new form when it?s clicked. Kindly advise.

Thanks,

Johannes

• 2.  RE: How to invoke a form from a button click

Posted 08-15-2018 19:47
    no problem

make a URL formula field to switch forms

URLRoot() & "db/" & dbid() & "?a=dr&dfid=10&rid=" & [Record ID#]

That is saying to use form ID #10.  The forms are numbered when you view the forms list.

If you want to edit instead of display, you would change the dr (display record) to er (edit record)

• 3.  RE: How to invoke a form from a button click

Posted 08-15-2018 20:28
    Thank you very much. I am new to Quickbase so it may take me a while to get this to work even though it looks so simple. I will let you know how it goes. 

• 4.  RE: How to invoke a form from a button click

Posted 08-16-2018 03:44
    Thank you once more, the solution you provided worked fine for me. I am now running into a different problem however that's within the application that I am trying to integrate Quickbase with and i am pretty sure I am going to solve that

• 5.  RE: How to invoke a form from a button click

Posted 08-16-2018 11:29
    Well, just keep hacking your way forward through the jungle and obstacles with your machete and you will finally get to the open savanna and free roaming.