Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Embed Child Table Report in a Formula Rich Text Field

Posted 04-23-2018 17:15
    Has anyone ever embedded a child table report in a formula rich text field? I only need the column headers and data.

• 2.  RE: Embed Child Table Report in a Formula Rich Text Field

Posted 04-23-2018 17:17
    Hi Gil,

Is there some specific feature of the child table report you would need that would be distinct from creating a report link of the child table records on the form?

• 3.  RE: Embed Child Table Report in a Formula Rich Text Field

Posted 04-23-2018 17:22
    Hi Evan,
    I'm combining several rich text fields into a single formula rich text field and within the final formula rich text field, I need to add the child table records. Eventually the final field will be part of an output document.

• 4.  RE: Embed Child Table Report in a Formula Rich Text Field

Posted 04-23-2018 17:33
    Hi Gil,

Ahh ok so the end result would be several fields of Rich Text all concatenated together with a report of all the child records also included. I'm not familiar with a good native call to draw that all into one Rich Text field. It may be possible to use API_GenTableResults and some javascripting or IOL to get that all to come together but I've never built anything out like that unfortunately. 

• 5.  RE: Embed Child Table Report in a Formula Rich Text Field

Posted 04-23-2018 17:35
    No worries. Thanks for checking. That's why I'm putting several Rich Text fields into one. Makes it easier for troubleshooting and customizing.

• 6.  RE: Embed Child Table Report in a Formula Rich Text Field

Posted 04-25-2018 13:49
    What 'output document' method are you going to use?

Most of the tools used for this can allow for a custom formatted child table.

• 7.  RE: Embed Child Table Report in a Formula Rich Text Field

Posted 04-25-2018 13:56
    All of this will end up in a Word document. I'm trying to attempt a work around to exact forms since we must use tokens and cannot pay for an external vendor.