Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  QuickBase Action returning error ""invalid user token""?

Posted 06-01-2017 18:04
    I'm confused, anyone have any ideas?

• 2.  RE: QuickBase Action returning error ""invalid user token""?

Posted 06-01-2017 19:06
    either the user token is missing, is not entered correctly, or that user that the user token belongs to does not have access to the app.

• 3.  RE: QuickBase Action returning error ""invalid user token""?

Posted 06-01-2017 19:17
    OK, so I'm curious abut this one too.  So Actions are like Webhooks for Dummies.  ie low code.  When I set up Actions, they do not refer to usertokens at all.

• 4.  RE: QuickBase Action returning error ""invalid user token""?

Posted 06-01-2017 19:22
    Well, you are correct Mark. I somehow didn't pay attention to 'Action' I assumed webhook because of user token.

I just tested an action and it worked without any error like this.

I wonder if there is some other error and QuickBase is sending a false error description? Interesting.

• 5.  RE: QuickBase Action returning error ""invalid user token""?

Posted 06-01-2017 19:23
    To clear up the scenario. I downloaded an app from the exchange 'ABC Customers Update Their Own Records" - (One of Kirk's many awesome apps with crazy cool features). Brief summary of it; sends an E-Mail to someone with no QB Account with a button to a form that the person fills out. This all happens with Quickbase actions magic; just to not go in depth.

I am now the app owner, so should the token be correct? Maybe he is still the owner of the Action..? 

• 6.  RE: QuickBase Action returning error ""invalid user token""?

Posted 06-01-2017 19:30
    Quick Base is the owner of the action. My guess is that duplicating the action and killing the other one would resolve the problem.

• 7.  RE: QuickBase Action returning error ""invalid user token""?

Posted 06-01-2017 19:29
    I would try duplicating the ACTION (there is an icon for that), Then kill the other one.  That may fix it.  failing that, then try recreating it from scratch.  Just open two screens and look back and forth.

• 8.  RE: QuickBase Action returning error ""invalid user token""?

Posted 06-01-2017 19:32
    Thanks, guys! I tried duplication first, it didnt work, but when I went from scratch it did. Who knows why, but it works, so all good. Thanks again!

• 9.  RE: QuickBase Action returning error ""invalid user token""?

Posted 06-01-2017 20:01
    I assume that because ACTIONS are Webhooks for Dummies, they are really webhooks wrapped in a pretty package.  So some how they automated that usertoken thing with in itself is not obvious.  

It also probably means that if you copy an app, all the ACTIONs might break.  i have not tested that.

• 10.  RE: QuickBase Action returning error ""invalid user token""?

Posted 04-27-2018 01:40
    Same thing happens to me on my own apps that I have copied within my realm.
    Copying the ACTION still has the "invalid user token" error.
    Creating a new ACTION from scratch works fine.

It seems that all ACTIONs break when I copy an app, and for every ACTION, I need to recreate a new one to replace the old one.