Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Using app variables to store colors throughout app

Posted 07-15-2019 12:41
    I am just curious if I can create an app wide variable with my colors so I can reference that variable in lieu of direct color options in the formula's for color coding.  I know the functionality to create a global variable exists I am just curious if this is a best practice and if the formula fields for color coding allow the usage of those variables.

As I am starting to introduce some standards I can see where if I ever want to change something it is going to be a nightmare being scattered all over the place.

• 2.  RE: Using app variables to store colors throughout app

Posted 07-15-2019 13:06
    It certainly wouldn't hurt if you're looking for a standard color scheme within each table or expect them to change over time or consistently. As you said having it be one change and ripple outward will save you time and potential gaps

Formulas will reference the global variable however you want - so if you're doing rich text and want to color text you would just pop in a global variable like 'blue' as [blue]

Chayce Duncan | Director of Strategic Solutions
    (720) 739-1406 | chayceduncan@quandarycg.com
    Quandary Knowledge Base

• 3.  RE: Using app variables to store colors throughout app

Posted 07-16-2019 20:26
    Thanks, going to go this way as it seems like a good idea for longevity of updates in case I ever need them.