Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  How to pull a report of recurring records?

Posted 05-30-2019 21:00
    I used this feature to be able to create recurring records "You can add a recurring record or tasks link field (which can be made to look like a button) by using our Recurring Records Wizard." 

I am wondering if there is a way to pull a report of recurring records? For example, if we create a record for a deposit and then "make recurring" monthly for the current year, at he end of the year we would like to be able to run a report of clients that had recurring deposits so that we can follow up with the client to see if they will be continuing the same monthly deposit the upcoming year. I tried to create an action or automation that could occur when recurring = or > but since it is a link it doesn't retain any particular value to base the action off of. I was hoping to be able to set a form rule that would check a box when a user clicked the link to make recurring & created future records but that doesn't seem to be an option. 

At the moment I am thinking the user will have to manually check the box when they set the recurrence but I try to minimize user requirements to reduce user errors. Plus I was hoping to make it automated so that it only accounts for the initial record that the recurrence was generated from so that I don't have all the future recurring records on the report. 

Thoughts?

• 2.  RE: How to pull a report of recurring records?

Posted 06-21-2019 11:26
    Hi Michelle,

Here is a quick solution that should work for you.

1. Put a checkbox in your client deposit form and name it something like Recurring Deposits.
    2. Put a checkbox in your Client table, and name it something like Recurring Deposits.
    3. Create 2 automations that are triggered by the checkbox in your Deposits table.

a. Automation 1 to toggle the Recurring Deposit checkbox in the Client table to true if the Recurring Deposits checkbox in Deposits is changed to true.

b a. Automation 2 to toggle the Recurring Deposit checkbox in the Client table to false if the Recurring Deposits checkbox in Deposits is changed to false

With this solution, you can run a report from your Clients table that includes those which have opted in to recurring deposit.