Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

New table name not updating??

• 1.  New table name not updating??

Posted 04-20-2018 20:59
    I changed the name of my table from "Chats" to "Messages" and it will not update. What is the fix??
    I tried loging out and loging back in - no luck. refreshing page - no luck. Different browser - no luck

• 2.  RE: New table name not updating??

Posted 04-21-2018 00:03
    Do you mean the DBID in advanced properties or the table name visible to users.

• 3.  RE: New table name not updating??

Posted 04-24-2018 13:26
    the table name visible to users.  Notice in the photo, Table Name was changed from "Chat" to "messages" however above that, it still shows "chat settings". I have saved all settings, logged out/in, restart computer and it still hasn't updated over the weekend.

• 4.  RE: New table name not updating??

Posted 04-24-2018 13:30
    sorry, the above post was posted by me using my "test" username - i just forgot to sign out before replying :)

• 5.  RE: New table name not updating??

Contributor
    Posted 04-24-2018 14:05
    Hi Mkosek,

I would try updating the table name in the advanced settings header for the table. At the top of that page there is a place to change the name of the table and then under the Advanced Table Settings header on that page there is also an option to override the table name, if that override is set it will ignore any changes on that first table setting page. 

• 6.  RE: New table name not updating??

Posted 04-24-2018 14:12
    That worked...thank you!

• 7.  RE: New table name not updating??

Contributor
    Posted 04-24-2018 15:23
    Excellent, glad I could help. That particular setting is buried just a few layers deeper so it isn't one you notice at first glance.