Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Listing all the User's for a corresponding role

Posted 07-18-2017 13:02
    I have a Administrator Role , i need to show all the Users corresponding to that role, Is there any way to achieve this !!

• 2.  RE: Listing all the User's for a corresponding role

Posted 07-18-2017 13:10
    Do you mean all the users in a particular App who are in the Admin Role?  Just go to the users tab on the top and then select a Role to filter on.

• 3.  RE: Listing all the User's for a corresponding role

Posted 07-18-2017 13:14
    No , I need a field "users of Admin Role" that should be a type of "list user" and it should hold all the users of the role Administrator !! Do you have any Idea?

• 4.  RE: Listing all the User's for a corresponding role

Posted 07-18-2017 13:18
    There are no formula functions which can natively access Roles.  There may be non native coding solutions, but I don't know if there are.

Perhaps if you explain why you want this, there is an alternative solution to solve your obstacle.

• 5.  RE: Listing all the User's for a corresponding role

Posted 07-18-2017 13:36
    So there is no native solution !!! , i was just trying to show all the users for each role in different fields. 

• 6.  RE: Listing all the User's for a corresponding role

Posted 07-18-2017 13:59
    There is a native solution. You have to select the field type as "User" and then you can either select "Default User Set" or use "Customer User Set" to control it. It will appear as a drop down with all the user names in it for us to select. Hope it helps.

• 7.  RE: Listing all the User's for a corresponding role

Posted 07-18-2017 14:03
    John, you are correct.  There is no native solution to show non admins which users are is which Role(s). Note that a user may be in multiple Roles.

• 8.  RE: Listing all the User's for a corresponding role

Posted 07-18-2017 14:09
    Hmmm ... maybe I misunderstood your question then John. But, do check the option I explained, not sure how much it exactly meets your need, but worth checking :)

• 9.  RE: Listing all the User's for a corresponding role

Posted 07-18-2017 15:17
    No Samuel, that's not the thing i was trying. Anyways thanks for the help !!! :)

• 10.  RE: Listing all the User's for a corresponding role

Posted 07-18-2017 16:57
    Okay. Sorry about that.