Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Outlook or Gmail Sync to link to a file attachment?

Posted 07-19-2018 18:23
    I have a Sync table in testing which successfully brings in all available fields in Outlook emails.  But my real goal is to be able to link to a file attachment in that email.  Is that possible from either Outlook or Gmail?

• 2.  RE: Outlook or Gmail Sync to link to a file attachment?

Posted 07-23-2018 13:17
    I was pondering the same issue in my app. Here is my untested idea ...
    Auto-save attachments to OneDrive using flow.microsoft.com (article here). Then sync OneDrive to QB and match to the email via time created? That last step may be trickiest, but even a report link maybe enough.

• 3.  RE: Outlook or Gmail Sync to link to a file attachment?

Posted 07-23-2018 13:31
    Thx, I'm not sure that I'm willing to go through that setup, but at least I know what would be possible if my client wants that ease of access to the file attachments.

• 4.  RE: Outlook or Gmail Sync to link to a file attachment?

Posted 07-23-2018 13:34
    Pretty much my feelings too. My boss wanted access to one specific case, but thought it should be universal.

• 5.  RE: Outlook or Gmail Sync to link to a file attachment?

Posted 07-23-2018 13:40
    My actual solution will involve Juiced to generate an Exact Form PDF for an ASN Advance Ship Notice - essentially an advance Packing List and email to the customers on an overnight batch basis.

So, I may ask them to also write out a Quick Base record and save the PDF to either Amazon S3 or Drop Box.  I'm looking to retain a repository of these Packing Lists for inside staff to access.