Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

Is there any way to add users to Quick Base realm without adding them to a specific application?

• 1.  Is there any way to add users to Quick Base realm without adding them to a specific application?

Posted 10-10-2017 13:47

• 2.  RE: Is there any way to add users to Quick Base realm without adding them to a specific application?

Posted 10-10-2017 14:27

Hi,

I'm curious as to the use case for adding users to a realm and not an application? I myself am uncertain, but I'm curious as to why you asked.

• 3.  RE: Is there any way to add users to Quick Base realm without adding them to a specific application?

Posted 10-10-2017 14:33
    I am the realm administrator, but I have certain applications which are managed by other members. I want to add the user to QB realm so the other app manager can invite them to the app. I am not sure if the other app manager if directly invites the user, he/she would have access. 

• 4.  RE: Is there any way to add users to Quick Base realm without adding them to a specific application?

Posted 10-10-2017 14:39

Anyone with Sharing permissions can invite a new user to an application, and thus the realm. Being a registered user of any app in your realm places that user in the realm. I have a realm management tool that gets updated every 24 hours by a 'quickbot'. So, anyone I invite today will not show up in that realm management tool until the next day. This may not be the case with your realm however.

As far as I know, any new user you invite has to be directly invited to an application within your realm. I'm still learning new tricks in QB, so I can say this here and now, and someone will come behind me and say something else that sounds off-world.

For what it's worth...

• 5.  RE: Is there any way to add users to Quick Base realm without adding them to a specific application?

Posted 10-10-2017 14:41
    If you have account admin access you can 'provision users' which adds them to the account, without actually adding them to any apps.

Curious as to the 'why' behind this?

• 6.  RE: Is there any way to add users to Quick Base realm without adding them to a specific application?

Posted 10-10-2017 14:42

What does this do? Just curious.

And does that use up a license?

• 7.  RE: Is there any way to add users to Quick Base realm without adding them to a specific application?

Posted 10-10-2017 14:44
    It doesn't use a license until they register.  But what it allows for is adding users to groups.  Then you can add an entire group to a new app, rather than individual emails.

It helps when you have a large list of users to add to an app, or a large list to remove from an app.

Basically is just a higher level of user management when you deal with a lot of users.