Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Conditional Drop down Values on a Form

Posted 10-26-2018 20:00
    I am trying to limit a drop down list on a form conditional on two things.  There are three fields: Project, Lead, Secondary Contact. To give some context, this is a table of status updates.  When the project manager has a status update, I want them to only see their projects for updating on the drop down choices for projects.  

I want the drop down list of projects to only include those when the current user (Responsible) is listed as the Lead or a Secondary Contact on the project.  I am able to get it to work for one of the conditions (Projects where the User is the Lead), but I would like it to show projects where the user is EITHER the lead or a secondary contact. 
    Here is what the form field properties look like: 
    ">https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1759047/RackMultipart20181026-107921-nc8p3h-Capture_inline.JPG?1540583637">
    Is there an OR function on this?  So it can say "shows choices where PSES Status Update: Responsible = Projects: Project Lead or where PSES Status Update: Responsible = Projects: Secondary Contact."   Or is there another way to do this?  
    Thanks,
    Kim

• 2.  RE: Conditional Drop down Values on a Form

Posted 10-26-2018 21:04
    Kim,
    I don't think that you want to be using a conditional drop done here.  I think that you simply want the report used on the form for the drop down list to have a filter.

such as

where

any of
    project lead is the current user
    Secondary is the current user.

If the report does not offer "the current user" as a choice when making the filter, then just make a  formula user field called [Current user] with a formula of User()

• 3.  RE: Conditional Drop down Values on a Form

Posted 10-26-2018 22:09
    Thanks for the help.  This will work for me!