Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Need to replace a deleted table

Posted 05-18-2018 18:07
    I need some help. looking at the Screen shot. The Inventory Category, Sub-Category and Product are all Conditional drop downs. The table that is suppose to populate the model vendor and the rest has been deleted i think the previous Admin. How do I fix the problem.

• 2.  RE: Need to replace a deleted table

Posted 05-18-2018 18:12
    Start by right clicking into Model, Vendor, etc and look at its properties. Do they show that they're lookup fields from a related parent table? If so, the properties page will provide a link to the relation so you can see where it comes from. The lookup fields have '+' signs next to them that when clicked show you the associated parent element. If that is blank, the source or parent field has been deleted.

• 3.  RE: Need to replace a deleted table

Posted 05-18-2018 18:22
    I know that Parent table has been Deleted. My question is how do i re-create the connection? and Model, Vendor, etc are all lookup fields

• 4.  RE: Need to replace a deleted table

Posted 05-18-2018 19:20
    With the source parent deleted, you have two choices: ask support for a roll back, or recreate the table and also recreate the relationship -- recreate the lookup fields.

• 5.  RE: Need to replace a deleted table

Posted 05-18-2018 19:23
    How do I contact support for a roll back. Do you have a number or a contact person

• 6.  RE: Need to replace a deleted table

Posted 05-18-2018 19:25
    From your MyApps dashboard, at the bottom right is a link, "Support Resources". Do you have that link? Click that link then on the page that follows select the button "Manage Existing Cases". Then submit a new case.

• 7.  RE: Need to replace a deleted table

Posted 05-18-2018 19:36
    Thanks, hope i can get a Roll Back. That will be a lot of work

• 8.  RE: Need to replace a deleted table

Posted 05-18-2018 19:56
    Hi David,

If you can give them an idea of when the table might have been deleted that can help them to restore it. Do you know if it was recently or some time ago? Also if you are not an Account Admin you might just need to let the Admin know that a request to approve that restore request will be needed from one of the Account Admins and we usually reach out to them to get that approval. 

• 9.  RE: Need to replace a deleted table

Posted 05-18-2018 19:59
    It is less than a month ago

• 10.  RE: Need to replace a deleted table

Posted 05-18-2018 20:49
    We don't have any data in there now, so we are not worried about that. This may have happened about maybe 2 weeks ago. Can we still restore and get the table back. thanks

notify@quickbase.com