Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

On the off chance that TypeScript is so awesome, why all remarkable ReactJS ventures use Babel?

• 1.  On the off chance that TypeScript is so awesome, why all remarkable ReactJS ventures use Babel?

Posted 04-02-2018 10:40
    We have an extensive scaled customer side undertaking and we are going to change to ReactJS. Having that, we might likewise want to change from plain JavaScript, i.e. ES5, to TypeScript. 

I have perused and viewed numerous ReactJS instructional exercises including few sections of a few books. Essentially, what I'm attempting to state is; I have seen loads of ReactJS ventures. 

None of them was composed in TypeScript. 

The greater part of them was composed in ES6 utilizing Babel. 

Some of them (predominantly little activities), were composed in plain ES5. 

Why nobody (or not very many) consolidates Typescript with ReactJS?

• 2.  RE: On the off chance that TypeScript is so awesome, why all remarkable ReactJS ventures use Babel?

Posted 04-02-2018 16:40
    This was a project that two of my brothers were involved in, and they won the Hack-a-thon competition to boot.

Converted 600,000 lines to typescript in 72 hours.  It has nearly tripled their productivity since.

https://www.lucidchart.com/techblog/2017/11/16/converting-600k-lines-to-typescript-in-72-hours/