Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a limitation on number of items a drop down list can have of choices when using an ""Ask the User"" filter on a summary report?

• 1.  Is there a limitation on number of items a drop down list can have of choices when using an ""Ask the User"" filter on a summary report?

Posted 06-16-2017 14:28

Recently we had a summary report that worked well and would display the results of the summary based off the response of an "Ask the user" filter. When asking the user, it would display a drop down list of options to select from. Recently the field that this was based off had many more options added to it and now the drop down function no longer works.

Is there a limit for the drop down function to work based on how many choices there are? Currently this filed has about 550 possibilities.

Please help.

• 2.  RE: Is there a limitation on number of items a drop down list can have of choices when using an ""Ask the User"" filter on a summary report?

Posted 07-13-2017 13:42
    After 10k records , the quick base will give automatically a search option to reduce the performance issue. 

What type of field is that have 550 choices ? 

I tried a text multiple choice field from 0 to 14999 values , but i am able to select any of the option !!

Can you explain what type of field is that and what all values it have !! 

• 3.  RE: Is there a limitation on number of items a drop down list can have of choices when using an ""Ask the User"" filter on a summary report?

Posted 07-13-2017 14:30
    Please post this as a new question.  I do not understand the question.