Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  My numeric field displays record number instead of value in ""view"" mode but displays correctly in ""Edit"" mode. How do I fix this?

Posted 04-23-2013 15:13
    I have a relationship between two tables with "Error Code" field as the proxy and two corresponding fields as lookups in table B. In table A, when you select Error Code it displays the list of Error codes from table B and when an error code is selected, it displays the two corresponding look up fields. When you edit a record in table A, the Error code field displays the Error number but in View mode, it displays the Record number. Can I correct this to display the Error Code Number and not the Record number?

• 2.  RE: My numeric field displays record number instead of value in ""view"" mode but displays correctly in ""Edit"" mode. How do I fix this?

Posted 04-23-2013 15:30
    Check the following:
    1. Your [Related Reference] field has a Proxy field (you do not need one though)
    2. In your Form Layout, you are probably using the [Related Reference] field in Add/Edit/View modes rather than the [Error Code] proxy field

It sounds like you are using the [Related Reference] field in your Form Layout in View mode as well as Add/Edit mode, which is causing the display of the record ID# from the parent.

You can either use a Proxy field in Add/Edit/View modes, or use the [Related Reference] field in your Form Layout for Add/Edit only, and then use a Lookup [Error Code] field in View mode.

• 3.  RE: My numeric field displays record number instead of value in ""view"" mode but displays correctly in ""Edit"" mode. How do I fix this?

Posted 02-22-2016 16:12
    This looks exactly like what I need to do, but I can't figure out how to make the proxy field show up, rather than the record ID#.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

• 4.  RE: My numeric field displays record number instead of value in ""view"" mode but displays correctly in ""Edit"" mode. How do I fix this?

Posted 02-23-2016 00:00
    On the field likely called [Related Parent], edits its field properties to show the meaningful field from the Parent record. Oh,and be sure that field is one if the lookup fields.

Put that meaningful field on the form and take the [Related Parent] field off the form.

• 5.  RE: My numeric field displays record number instead of value in ""view"" mode but displays correctly in ""Edit"" mode. How do I fix this?

Posted 09-09-2016 14:49
    For me it worked if I selected the "Read only" option on the form editor field list. Granted, it's read only by the nature of it being a lookup field anyway, but ticking it caused the correct value to display. I know this answer is years old, but I found it whilst looking for my own guidance and figured this might help others.

• 6.  RE: My numeric field displays record number instead of value in ""view"" mode but displays correctly in ""Edit"" mode. How do I fix this?

Posted 05-16-2017 16:08
    Thanks Adam, that one-click solution was perfect for me.