Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Formula URL Button in Email Produces Multiple Responses

Posted 10-23-2017 20:33
    In our project management system, we have a project status combined with approval process. When we set a project to "With Collaborator," an email is sent to the external collaborator (non-QuickBase user) with a link to the proof and two links - "Proof Approved" or "Changes Requested."

The "Proof Approved" and "Changes Requested" links are built from Formula - URL fields. If the user clicks "Proof Approved," it sets the project status to "Approved - Ready for Final Approval" and logs the approval in a text field with the current date and time.

"Changes Requested" does the same thing, except the status is set back to "In Progress," the changes requested is logged and the user is directed to a special form requesting more information.

This works great, except when the user clicks either link, the above actions happen anywhere from 1 to 4 times. So the log will show Approved Approved Approved.

How do I prevent this behavior? It becomes confusing for our collaborators because they see the project was approved several times.

• 2.  RE: Formula URL Button in Email Produces Multiple Responses

Posted 10-31-2017 03:57
    I'd suggest that rather than having the 'log' be in a text field on the main record, that you actually create a child table for those logs.  Maybe call it "status logs"  so that you can see the history of when and who changed the status from one to other and back again.

• 3.  RE: Formula URL Button in Email Produces Multiple Responses

Posted 10-31-2017 17:15
    I would still need to be able to set the status (on one table) and add the log (would then be on another table) all from one formula URL. The secondary table wouldn't be much use for us because the approvals come from outside collaborators (non-QuickBase users), so they all get logged as "Anonymous