Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Conditional dropdown shows error

Posted 10-26-2018 21:41
    I have a conditional dropdown that is generating the error: This is a conditional dropdown; First select.....I have created the 3 way relationships as described in the QuickBase Help. I have 3 tables: Building, Location and Workstations. Building to Location is one to many; Location to Workstations is one to many; Building to Workstations is one to many relationship. I have a form where the Building names is a dropdown. Photo attached of the relationship, the form and the error. How do I debug this error further? And fix it? Thanks in advance.">https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1759068/RackMultipart20181026-114007-x1lkjv-Error_Message_pic_inline.jpg?1540590062">

• 2.  RE: Conditional dropdown shows error

Posted 10-26-2018 21:48
    Uma,

From what you are saying, Buildings have many Locations and Location has many workstations, correct? For Location, you should say it depends on the building selection. Then for workstations, it depends on the location selection. If this is how you set it up, the first thing you need to select is the Building. What's wrong with that? Isn't that what you wanted?

• 3.  RE: Conditional dropdown shows error

Posted 10-26-2018 21:54
    The field 'Building (Hospital or Practice) - Building Name' on the Workstation Hardware form needs to be placed on the form in order for the conditional filter to work.  If it is not on the form it cannot be 'seen' by the drop down list.

• 4.  RE: Conditional dropdown shows error

Posted 10-26-2018 22:18
    Thanks Surya and Phil. Here is a snapshot of the form. The Related Building is on the form.
    @ Surya. That is how I want it to work.. But, it was not working and giving the error message even after I had selected the Building.
    @ Phil, See the attached form.

• 5.  RE: Conditional dropdown shows error

Posted 10-26-2018 22:20
    I think I fixed it. I changed the fields from Building Name and Location: Department Name to Related Building and Related Location and now it is not giving the error message any more.

• 6.  RE: Conditional dropdown shows error

Posted 10-26-2018 22:22
    Excellent.