Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Can you stop a user from opening a record while still giving them view/modify permissions?

• 1.  Can you stop a user from opening a record while still giving them view/modify permissions?

Posted 01-26-2018 03:02
    I would like my users to be able to view a report that contains a few formula URL buttons. They will click the buttons to update a status field. 

These users don't have any reason to view the records in a form view so I want to block that from happening. 

If a user clicks slightly outside the formula URL button area, it opens the record in form view, confusing users and encouraging even more reckless "clicking around."

This is likely a training issue, but I thought this might just be a simple configuration I don;t know about. 

• 2.  RE: Can you stop a user from opening a record while still giving them view/modify permissions?

Posted 01-26-2018 03:04
    No Problem,
    Just set that particular report to not allow viewing or editing.  Uncheck those boxes in the report setup screen near the bottom.  That will remove the eyeball icon and also clicking on the white space on a row will do nothing.

Allow editing records from this report
    Allow viewing records from this report

• 3.  RE: Can you stop a user from opening a record while still giving them view/modify permissions?

Posted 01-26-2018 03:11
    Ha, that was embarrassingly easy.

Thanks very much!