Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot add attachment in grid edit mode

• 1.  Cannot add attachment in grid edit mode

Posted 07-14-2015 14:24

Hi,

I am creating a form with a child table inside it and I want to be able to add attachment in grid edit mod but it seems that I can't...

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: Cannot add attachment in grid edit mode

Posted 07-14-2015 15:14
    Hello Bastien, 

My name is Lovell and I am with QuickBase Care. Thank you for your Question today! Unfortunately there isn't a way to do this via native QuickBase. We apologize for that. Though there isn't possible currently, it wouldn't hurt for you to request that type of functionality via our User Voice page. 

We certainly appreciate and value all customer input, and in order to make sure your request is heard, we�d like you to submit it via the appropriate channel.  At this time, all enhancement requests must go through User Voice.  User Voice is a new feature in QuickBase that allows users to submit their new feature requests, as well as vote on previously submitted ideas by other users

You can access User Voice from your �My Apps� page, and then clicking the orange feedback button from the left hand side of the screen.  You can also access User Voice by clicking the following link:
    http://quickbase.uservoice.com

Thanks!

Lovell 

QuickBase Care

• 3.  RE: Cannot add attachment in grid edit mode

Posted 04-12-2016 11:31
    Has there been any update on this possible functionality, please?  It would definitely be useful to be able to attach many files within the Grid Edit view.

• 4.  RE: Cannot add attachment in grid edit mode

Posted 03-23-2017 00:17
    I understand that this functionality is not available to add an attachment directly in grid-edit. But is there a way to display the pencil icon in the grid edit report to launch a form that allows the attachment to be added to an existing record?

• 5.  RE: Cannot add attachment in grid edit mode

Posted 03-23-2017 01:11
    The Grid Edit form does already have a pencil icon Can you clarify your question.

• 6.  RE: Cannot add attachment in grid edit mode

Posted 03-23-2017 04:21
    It only has the pencil icon if the child record has been saved at least once.  So creating new child record directly from the parent form & trying to attach wont work.

We typically use an add on feature that allows you drag and drop multiple files, view them view them (without downloading), merge to PDF, and email directly from the app.  Yeah its pretty sweet.

• 7.  RE: Cannot add attachment in grid edit mode

Posted 05-30-2023 22:53

I know it's been a very long time since you commented this, but on the off chance you're still active on here, could you tell me what add-on you used? Or if there's something better you started using since 2017? 

Thanks!!

------------------------------
    Hayley Bishop

• 8.  RE: Cannot add attachment in grid edit mode

Posted 05-30-2023 23:10
    Edited by Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach) 05-31-2023 07:38

@hayley  If you intention is to be able to add multiple files from a computer or the Phone's Camera Roll Photo Library, then it is your lucky day.
    The May 2023 release says that on May 31st, which is tomorrow, we will have a new native plug in to be able to upload multiple files at once.  https://helpv2.quickbase.com/hc/en-us/articles/15536247174420-Quickbase-May-2023-release-notes

Juiced Tech also had a paid add on. It currently has the advantage that the files can be tagged on upload with a selection from a multiple choice field.  A typical use case for the tagging would be in a Real Estate related app which could say tag a bunch of pictures as "Kitchen" or "Primary Bedroom". 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 9.  RE: Cannot add attachment in grid edit mode

Posted 05-31-2023 13:11

Mark,

Do I understand the file plugin correctly that you must set it up for each instance you would like to have the drag and drop enabled, sort of the same way you would with the juiced add on?

Mike Tamoush

• 10.  RE: Cannot add attachment in grid edit mode

Posted 05-31-2023 13:27

Mike, yes, you would need to do that as it's creating a custom button to add records to a particular parent child combination.

Here is what the button code looks like.  Note that it has that crazy long configuration ID.

var Text realmHostName = NotRight(NotLeft(URLRoot(), 8), "/");
    "https://api.plugins.quickbase.com/launch?pluginId=qb-uploader&pid=" & [Record ID#] & "&configId=2PJ7EwXV2MX5H0zQ4W2vCdUtM6T&appId="&AppID()&"&realmHostname=" & URLEncode($realmHostName)

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 11.  RE: Cannot add attachment in grid edit mode

Posted 03-23-2017 15:35

Thanks for the responses.  This was my mistake.  I was using a table report and allowing editing instead of a grid edit report.  I now have this working as desired.  Thanks.