Portland-user-group

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Quickbase Technical Documentation for Grid-Edit Record Picker Option

• 1.  Quickbase Technical Documentation for Grid-Edit Record Picker Option

Posted 11-04-2021 14:35
    I am researching how to use the option: "Use a record picker instead of a drop down menu for grid edit" found on a related field in the Reference Field Options section.
    Reference field optionsMy end goal is to offer the user a record picker experience when selecting a value in grid-edit mode from a form.  I searched Quickbase help for this feature and found no results.  Is there a technical reference for this feature?  I enabled it, and the behavior of the field on the embedded table report did not change.

------------------------------
    Jon Froderberg
    PRIME Developer
    Harder Mechanical Contractors
    https://www.harder.com
    Portland, OR
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Quickbase Technical Documentation for Grid-Edit Record Picker Option

Posted 11-05-2021 21:33

Hi Jon,

That option sends you to the old record picker, not our newer in-form one. That said, it is delivered via a pop-up, and this might be getting caught by your browser's pop-up blocker. If that still doesn't help, I would encourage you to send in a care case.

Hope this helps!

A picture containing text, screenshot  Description automatically generated

Jacob MacIntyre

Director, Customer Acceleration Group

617-250-2282 (office/mobile)| Portland, OR

www.quickbase.com

This message and its contents are confidential. If you received this message in error, do not use or rely upon it. Instead, please inform the sender and then delete it. Thank you.