Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a simple solution for embedding a web page on a home screen that will pull a customer logo when that customer logs in

• 1.  Is there a simple solution for embedding a web page on a home screen that will pull a customer logo when that customer logs in

Posted 01-18-2018 23:34
    I am finalizing an app that will or could be accessed by multiple customers. I have one single client home page and want to embed a web page that will pull the customer logo. This logo would change based on the customer logging into the site. I am think an image on load technique but I am not a coder by any means.....looking for some input.

• 2.  RE: Is there a simple solution for embedding a web page on a home screen that will pull a customer logo when that customer logs in

Posted 01-18-2018 23:41
    Yes there is a simple solution.  I recently helped a client set up a Customer Portal and they also wanted the Customer logo on the Portal dashboard.

Set up a table of users.  You will probably find that you need this anyways to control access to the data so that each user only sees data relevant to their own company.

The key field of the table would typically be the user field.  Then have a Relationship where 1 Company has Many users (that is assuming that each user will have their own userid as opposed to one per company).  On the company record has a file to upload their image.

Lookup that image down to the Users table.  There is a formula for doing that if you need help with that part.

But the magic is simply to show a report on the dashboard where the user user sees only their own record.  (Filter userid = current user)  That will be a 1 line report.  Put the company logo as the only field on that report.

• 3.  RE: Is there a simple solution for embedding a web page on a home screen that will pull a customer logo when that customer logs in

Posted 01-19-2018 23:41
    Works but not the look I am wanting...do not like it showing the header and column information....looking for like a web page widget so I can put it off to the side and make it smaller....I know that this will be a coding solution if I can figure it out.