Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Can we not use fields and markers in the Subject Line or body Email Reminders?

• 1.  Can we not use fields and markers in the Subject Line or body Email Reminders?

Posted 01-20-2015 18:51

Can we not use fields and markers in the Subject Line or body Email Reminders?

• 2.  RE: Can we not use fields and markers in the Subject Line or body Email Reminders?

Posted 01-20-2015 22:29
    Good afternoon Juan,

Unfortunately because reminders are so specific, customized fields cannot be entered into the subject or the body. If you want to have a notification that was set up when certain criteria is met, you would be able to customize your message.

I am sorry but I do hope this answers your question.

Have a great day!

Natalya Waye, Care Team

• 3.  RE: Can we not use fields and markers in the Subject Line or body Email Reminders?

Posted 01-21-2015 08:37
    Natively no but we have a 3rd party add-on that can handle this for you, Courier for QuickBase.

more info here...http://www.quickbasetools.com/#!qb-courier/c1t45

• 4.  RE: Can we not use fields and markers in the Subject Line or body Email Reminders?

Posted 02-06-2015 00:32
    This is discouraging. I talked my team into letting me put their "license renewal" from Outlook into QuickBase so we could have automatic reminders send out instead of them having to manually send when an Outlook task pops up.

Now I realize it would have been better if we'd kept all of the information in Outlook because we are going to have to type an individual reminder message for every single license we're trying to keep track of.

Thanks.

• 5.  RE: Can we not use fields and markers in the Subject Line or body Email Reminders?

Posted 02-06-2015 13:29
    Juan, all is not lost with this.  You don't have to go back to outlook. There are ways to use notifications to help you achieve this.  Its not the best solution, QB Courier is :), but notifications can help you.

Mark Schnier provided a nice detailed solution to a similar question, check out this community forum thread:

https://quickbase-community.intuit.com/questions/989572-send-custom-emails-to-non-users-no-out-of-the-box-solution-via-notifications-subscriptions-nor-reminders

Keith

• 6.  RE: Can we not use fields and markers in the Subject Line or body Email Reminders?

Posted 02-06-2015 13:40
    Thx Keith, Amber,  I don't think that I realized that you are looking to fire off emails to non users.  Keith's link to my posting is a good outline as to how this can be done and if you need any help setting that up, let me know here or via the information in my Profile.

• 7.  RE: Can we not use fields and markers in the Subject Line or body Email Reminders?

Posted 02-06-2015 13:47
    sorry Mark I originally addressed this to Amber but Juan actually asked the question...

• 8.  RE: Can we not use fields and markers in the Subject Line or body Email Reminders?

Posted 11-04-2015 07:47
    Also stuck on this.

Your email notification and reminders are very 'set in stone'.  It's a pity as Quickbase is a great platform

• 9.  RE: Can we not use fields and markers in the Subject Line or body Email Reminders?

Posted 04-23-2017 06:13
    I agree with you.  It is so basic that it is actually worthless to set it up when you cannot alert users as which record   you are reminding about. In my case I have to attach the reminder to project name. With respect for QBTOOLs, I personally think that QB is trying to lift the bottom lines of other business by choosing not to improve the platform.  

• 10.  RE: Can we not use fields and markers in the Subject Line or body Email Reminders?

Posted 04-23-2017 12:35
    Arshad,
    When the reminder is sent, it includes a report of the records the user is being reminded about. Can you further explain where you feel that this is deficient?

The reason that there is no ability to select fields for the Subsject and body, is that a reminder is very similar to a subscription where the report might have 1 record or 1,000,records now due for reminder. So the system cannot use data from a field as there could be 1,000 records.

So you would set up the reminder with a message to the user like. "These following projects are now due for review"

Then the user will see the list of Projects in the Reminder email.

• 11.  RE: Can we not use fields and markers in the Subject Line or body Email Reminders?

Posted 04-23-2017 21:40
    Thanks Mark.  Given the number of roles I have, I can send reminder to only one role at a time.  I will end up creating a lot of reminders.  Then the issue is what is the underlying report based on?  There is no indication in the reminder screen.  Is it the home report?  In that case I will have to make a very wide report to address requirements of all roles.  

• 12.  RE: Can we not use fields and markers in the Subject Line or body Email Reminders?

Posted 04-23-2017 21:50
    Also reminder when is only limited to days.  Should be weeks, months. _

• 13.  RE: Can we not use fields and markers in the Subject Line or body Email Reminders?

Posted 04-23-2017 21:52
    Sorry more after thoughts, cannot check if this is working unless I create a reminder for myself and put myself in the role. 

• 14.  RE: Can we not use fields and markers in the Subject Line or body Email Reminders?

Posted 04-23-2017 22:15
    For a Reminder, yes it is the default report which is used. Normally, receiving the records themselves and the reminder message will be enough for the user, since they can always open a record to get more details. But if that is not adequate, then you can use a Subscrition. It's a similar setup where there is a filter based in a date field and you would specify on the Subscription report a filer where some date field is compared to X number of days in the future.

Then you subscribe your users to receive that daily, but it will only have content and actually get delivered in the correct number of days ahead.

For reminders in terms of weeks ahead, obviously a week is 7 days, so that is an easy solution.

For reminders in terms of months ahead, yes that is a little more complicated to set up. You would need to use the AdjustMonth function to have a calculated field X months ahead of a a date, and then fire the subscription or reminder what that date is today.

• 15.  RE: Can we not use fields and markers in the Subject Line or body Email Reminders?

Posted 04-23-2017 22:18
    As for testing, the reminders are sent to the user(s) in a User field or a List User field. So to test, you just need to have a test record and put your userid in that field, and then click on "Send Test email

• 16.  RE: Can we not use fields and markers in the Subject Line or body Email Reminders?

Posted 09-09-2019 16:50
    It's a pity that Quick Base is stuck in 2010. The interface is holding us back from accomplishing so many things. Paying more for a custom SalesForce platform has become a more and more attractive option each day Quick Base tells me that we cannot do something simple like this. It's a shame.

------------------------------
    Matt Makris

• 17.  RE: Can we not use fields and markers in the Subject Line or body Email Reminders?

Posted 09-09-2019 17:04
    What is it that you are trying to do?  Are you trying to send out mass customized email Notifications. If so, there are a variety of solution which are less draconian than switching platforms.

I typically describe three levels of solutions to send out Automated daily email Notifications.

1. Create a report or emails needing to be sent today and a URL formula button to click which will update the record, triggering the email and refreshing the report with one less record.  So click each day until they are all gone.

2. Contact me and I will set you up with one button to click to fire all the emails.   So a user subscribes to a report with this button and they click the button once a day (if there are records to send).

3. Work with a add on from Juiced at a fairly minimal monthly cost "per app" (not "per user")  to fully Automate the process.   Keep in mind that the cost for a single Sales Force seat is probably at least double a Quick Base seat cost, so paying a one time fee to a developer like me to put in a script or paying Juiced ~$40 per month is not unreasonable compared to the Sales Force cost.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com