Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Automations - Add record to a totals table

Posted 07-23-2018 19:11
    I have a list of deliveries in a delivery table. I created a totals table, where if I manually add records to the record in the totals table, I am able to calculate on time delivery.

But the process is manual for adding these records to the totals table. Is there a way to accomplish this through automations? My totals table only has 1 record, so I thought this would be easy, but I am getting errors.

• 2.  RE: Automations - Add record to a totals table

Posted 07-23-2018 22:16
    What is the calculation you're using for On Time Delivery and what is the relationship between the Deliveries and Totals?

• 3.  RE: Automations - Add record to a totals table

Posted 07-24-2018 17:35
    Master Table: Totals Table
    Has summary Fields for Total Lines, and Calculates OTD through a formula field

Details Table: Deliveries
    Has date fields, and and date 1 day in the past is "Late".

So what I have to do, is associate each record in the deliveries table by opening/editing the record, by adding the record number of the associated record in the totals table. I was trying to figure out a way to accomplish this through Automations or Form rules, but nothing seems to be working. 

• 4.  RE: Automations - Add record to a totals table

Posted 07-24-2018 18:06
    I think I found the reason I am having an issue - I upload the delivery records from MS Excel to from another platform. Since they are not created in QB, I think that is the reason this is not working. 

• 5.  RE: Automations - Add record to a totals table

Posted 07-25-2018 22:11
    If you set the Default Value for the field 'Related Totals' to the Record ID# of the one record you have there, you should have them automatically related to the record moving forward.