Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Automatically Attaching Related Records (Table 2, Table 3, Table 4) from Parent Record (Table 1)

• 1.  Automatically Attaching Related Records (Table 2, Table 3, Table 4) from Parent Record (Table 1)

Posted 11-16-2017 14:30
    I am looking to set up something like this:

Parent Table -> Child Table 1 (1 to 1 Relationship)
    Child Table 1 -> Child Table 2 (1 Parent -> Many Child Table 2)
    Child Table 2 -> Child Table 3 (1 Child Table 3 -> Many Child Table 3)

That description might be slightly off based on my lack of experience here but I would like to have it function this way:

1. User adds a record in Parent Table
    2. User adds a related record from Parent Table to Child Table 3
    3. User adds a related record from Parent Table to Child Table 1
    4. Child Table 3 record from step 2 is now also related to Child Table 1 as its related to the parent record   

So essentially would like the main Parent table to have all the related records and if another table record is related to the parent table that it shares those related records. 

The only exception would be if Child Table 2 status field is closed, then any new records from Child Table 3 would only be related to Parent Table and Child Table 1.

Tried to search on here and ask around externally but have no success.  Appreciate any help this community can provide.

Thank you in advance!

Eric

• 2.  RE: Automatically Attaching Related Records (Table 2, Table 3, Table 4) from Parent Record (Table 1)

Posted 11-16-2017 15:15
    I'd like to understand more of what you're trying to do instead of proposing the architecture first. If you'd like to discuss send me a message and we can have a call to go over what you need. No charge unless you want me to do the work for you.
    chuck@chuck.support