Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  How to create a formula field that pulls the most recently updated of 2 fields

Posted 04-29-2018 14:48
    I have a field that tracks the offers made between a buyer and a seller. I was a formula to note who made the last offer. So the fields woud go:

Buyer Offer: 2500
    Seller Offer: 3000
    Current Offer: (The most recent offer documented).

• 2.  RE: How to create a formula field that pulls the most recently updated of 2 fields

Posted 04-29-2018 19:16
    My suggestion is to make a child table. One Property has Many offers.
    Then it�s easy to see the whole history of the buying and sling type Offers.

• 3.  RE: How to create a formula field that pulls the most recently updated of 2 fields

Posted 04-29-2018 19:19
    That might also solve the issue I have with people returning to the main form when they cancel. I don't want them to see everything on the form, just the offers. Thanks, Mark!

• 4.  RE: How to create a formula field that pulls the most recently updated of 2 fields

Posted 04-29-2018 19:22
    Here was my complete response. It got posted too soon.

My suggestion is to make a child table. One Property has Many offers.

Then it�s easy to see the whole history of the buying and selling type offers.

If you did that then you could make a summary field of the maximum record ID where the offer type was selling.

Then lookup that down to the offers table.

Then you could do a summary field of the maximum ovffer subject to the condition that the tape was selling and the record ID is equal to the record ID of the maximum selling offer record ID

And you could also do something similar for the most recent buying offer.

• 5.  RE: How to create a formula field that pulls the most recently updated of 2 fields

Posted 04-29-2018 19:26
    This is a great suggestion because it also provides a transcript. Good point!

• 6.  RE: How to create a formula field that pulls the most recently updated of 2 fields

Posted 04-29-2018 21:22
    Ok, so far so good, but I need to pull the most recent comment, but can't do that in a look-up field. Any suggestions?

• 7.  RE: How to create a formula field that pulls the most recently updated of 2 fields

Posted 04-30-2018 05:35
    No problem. You do that with a reverse relationship.

You probably already have a summary field on the Parent Property Record of the Record ID# which has the information you want.

Just make a reverse relationship where 1 Offer has Many Properties. Yes that feels backwards so it�s called a reverse relationship. But for the reference field on the right side of the relationship, do not let it make a new field, but rather use that summary field of the maximum Record ID of the Offer.

Then you can lookup any text fields form the Offer to the Parent Property