Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Cathee Dimayuga04-09-2017 10:54

Gaurav Sharma04-09-2017 11:51

Cathee Dimayuga04-09-2017 11:53

Cathee Dimayuga04-09-2017 11:54

• 1.  Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-05-2017 10:07
    I need to have monthly plan..

I have Yearly plan and in yearly plan I have 

YEARLPLAN

Company ABC - AA, BB and CC Group
    Company CDE - CC,DD and EE Groups
    Company EFG - EE,FF,GG Groups
    Date of Visits-- April, may, June etc 2017 (this may vary)

All I need to do is make monthly plan

For Example
    April 2007
    Company only - "NUMBER OF GROUPS"

How can I do it?

Thanks for your help

• 2.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Silver
    Contributor
    Posted 04-05-2017 10:10
    Hi Catherine,

Are you trying to create a report?

Thanks,
    Gaurav

• 3.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-05-2017 10:18
    No I am trying to make a monthly plan from yearly plan

• 4.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Silver
    Contributor
    Posted 04-05-2017 10:58
    If you are using a summary report then, you can group your rows by year.

• 5.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-05-2017 11:28
    thanks. but how can I make it that the company only will show.. not the groups

• 6.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Silver
    Contributor
    Posted 04-05-2017 12:08
    You have to choose company field here or if you are trying to filter the company then you can select the filter option.

Can you please tell me the names of the fields or post a screenshot of report setting if possible?

• 7.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-05-2017 12:21
    hi this is what I did.. this is the 4 fields I made 

• 8.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-05-2017 12:21
    and when I tried to make summary report only 1 quarter will be summarized

• 9.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-05-2017 12:22

• 10.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-05-2017 12:23

• 11.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-05-2017 12:24

• 12.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-05-2017 12:24
    I have to make a field that i can multiple select a date :( so it can be summarized by yearly and monthly

• 13.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Silver
    Contributor
    Posted 04-05-2017 12:32
    No, you don't have to select multiple dates.

• 14.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-05-2017 12:34
    what should i do> thanks so much for the help

• 15.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-05-2017 11:50
    HI!

How can I also write multiple dates.. for example for this company i WILL BE VISITING IT FOR 4 TIMES A YEAR

• 16.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-05-2017 12:09
    How>

• 17.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Silver
    Contributor
    For that you have to create 4 records with multiple dates.

• 18.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-05-2017 12:11
    Thank so much for the help im sorry if i have many questions. i just need help

• 19.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Silver
    Contributor
    Posted 04-05-2017 12:14
    No Problem Catherine :)

• 20.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-05-2017 12:15
    may I know how to have multiple dates because what I did if have different Field, It cannot be summarizes my date... 

• 21.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

in one company i might have 1-24 visit every year..

for example form ABC Company... Ill visit them January, April, July and also October.. how can I input multiple dates so it can be summarized by monthly quarterly or yearly

• 22.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Silver
    Contributor
    Posted 04-05-2017 12:16
    I assumed that you have a table where you maintain your visits? or if you want then, I am able to schedule a quick call with you.

Please contact me at gaurav.sharma@elevateservices.com

Thanks,
    Gaurav

• 23.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-05-2017 12:26
    Yes I do have a table with visit frequency.. but I have different fields each visits and i can summarize on the field with 1 date

• 24.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Silver
    Contributor
    Posted 04-05-2017 12:35
    That's the main problem. You can only summarise with one field.

It seems there is so much confusion here. If you can share your screen or take a call then, I am able to assist you better.

• 25.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-05-2017 12:36
    How can I share my screen with you? 

• 26.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-05-2017 12:36
    how ever i cannot input multiple dates... so I Cannot summarize it well

• 27.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Silver
    Contributor
    Posted 04-05-2017 12:43

• 28.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-05-2017 12:47
    Can we communicate tomorrow or later after 4 hours? What is the current time now? Im from UAE

• 29.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Silver
    Contributor
    Posted 04-05-2017 12:51
    I am here in India. It's 6:19 PM (IST) here. So, we can communicate tomorrow.

Please email me at gaurav.sharma@elevateservices.com  once you are available.

Thanks,
    Gaurav

• 30.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-05-2017 13:16
    Thank You so much. But is it really not possible to have multiple dates in one field? 

• 31.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Silver
    Contributor
    Posted 04-05-2017 13:23
    I haven't done such workaround yet but As far as I know only we can create multi-select text field but can't select multiple dates.

It is possible to have multiple dates in one field if you create a formula Date field and concatenate all your dates but that doesn't make sense. :)

• 32.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Contributor
    Posted 04-05-2017 13:49
    I hesitate to contribute to this thread as it is so long and winding but here goes ...

In general you can synthesize your own field type by concatenating information together in a multi-line text field. The concatenation could be as simple as using a delimiter such as a comma or pipe character:
    1/16/2017 , 8/16/2017 , 3/4/2018
    OR
    foo | bar | baz
    or a much more highly involved data structure such as XML, JSON etc:
    <mydata>
      <foo>bar</foo> <baz>qux</baz>
    </mydata>
    OR
    {  "id": 1,
      "name": "A green door",
      "price": 12.50,
      "tags": ["home", "green"]
    }
    Then when a form opens to add, edit or view a record you call a custom unpacking script that takes the stored representation and splices in a human viewable interface and when the form closes you call a custom packing script to takes changed values and restore them to the internal representation you are using.

Using this approach you could create a single text field to represent latitude and longitude within a single field. Creating a list or array of dates represented in a single field can likewise be accomplished through script. In fact, it is possible to configure the datepicker QuickBase uses to select multiple dates are return them as a list. See: http://jsfiddle.net/gydL0epa/">http://jsfiddle.net/gydL0epa/">http://jsfiddle.net/gydL0epa/

• 33.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Contributor
    Posted 04-09-2017 15:19
    See:

Does QuickBase Support An Array Of Dates Field?https://community.quickbase.com/quickbase/topics/does-quickbase-support-an-array-of-dates-field

IMA Grandmaster - Does QuickBase Support Chessboard Fields?https://community.quickbase.com/quickbase/topics/ima-grandmaster-does-quickbase-support-chessboard-f...

FWIW, I have an array of additional demos in the works involving creating custom fields representing everything from Musical Scores, Mathematical Equations, UML Diagrams, Mind Maps, Fishbone Diagrams etc, and my favorite Category Theory Diagrams.

Yes we desperately need a Category Theory Diagram Field in QuickBase! This is the internal representation stored in a multi-line text field:

\begin{xy}
    \xymatrix {
    U \ar@/_/[ddr]_y \ar@{.>}[dr]|{\langle x,y \rangle} \ar@/^/[drr]^x \\
    & X \times_Z Y \ar[d]^q \ar[r]_p & X \ar[d]_f \\
    & Y \ar[r]^g & Z
    }
    \end{xy}
    And this is the beautiful Category Theory Diagram field displayed for human consumption:

• 34.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Contributor
    Posted 04-06-2017 04:14
    My 2 cents for this would be to make the "visits" a child table.  Then just have a "date" field, and you can have multiples, then build many different types of reports based on the date and grouped how you'd like.

• 35.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Silver
    Contributor
    Posted 04-06-2017 05:11
    It means we have multiple visits with different dates right?

• 36.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-06-2017 05:21

for example.. I have to visit 1 company with many groups...

Group A- January , May, August and December

Group B, Feb, april, July, Nov..

and then many companies in a year.. around 100 companies

• 37.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Silver
    Contributor
    Posted 04-06-2017 06:25
    I assumed that you have created three tables:

1. Companies
    2. Groups
    3. Visits 

1 company has many Groups

Company 1

>Group 1
    >Group 2

Company 2

>Group1
    >Group 2
    >Group 3

Then, you can create a visit where you can select the company and groups (it will be dependent on the company) and select a date of your visit.

Thanks,
    Gaurav

• 38.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-06-2017 09:53

What time are you available Mr. Guarav?

Best Regards,

Catherine

• 39.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-06-2017 09:54
    Yes I do have those tables how ever the 3rd one maybe the wrong structure

• 40.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Silver
    Contributor
    Posted 04-06-2017 10:08
    Hi Cathee,

I am available at 5:00 PM IST. I think it's your 3:00 PM?

• 41.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-06-2017 10:09

Noted. Thank you Mr. Guarav.

• 42.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-06-2017 10:18
    hi I tried to run the meeting so I can be ready later. please see this

• 43.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-06-2017 10:19

• 44.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

• 45.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-06-2017 10:33

meeting will start after an hour?

again thank you very much

• 46.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-06-2017 10:34
    to tell you honestly im on the middle of our process, im stuck in making monthly plan.

• 47.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Silver
    Contributor
    Posted 04-06-2017 10:34
    Yes

• 48.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-09-2017 10:54
    Hi Mr. Guarav

• 49.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Silver
    Contributor
    Posted 04-09-2017 11:51
    Hello Cathee,

How are you? Tell me.

• 50.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-09-2017 11:53
    I sent you an email, are you available?

• 51.  RE: Hi! Can you help me? How Can I count the Text Data form another table????

Posted 04-09-2017 11:54
    I'm fine mr. Guarav. How about you?