Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Editing formulas in Notepad++ ... anyone have a user-defined language file to make this easier?

• 1.  Editing formulas in Notepad++ ... anyone have a user-defined language file to make this easier?

Posted 09-27-2016 15:13

I've found Notepad++ easier to use to edit longer formulas. It's especially helpful to figure out when I am missing a parentheses.  I was going to create a 'user-defined language' to better represent formulas instead of using the available items, but figured someone else has already done so.

• 2.  RE: Editing formulas in Notepad++ ... anyone have a user-defined language file to make this easier?

Posted 09-27-2016 21:22
    Sorry, wrong file

• 3.  RE: Editing formulas in Notepad++ ... anyone have a user-defined language file to make this easier?

Posted 09-27-2016 21:29
    I created a basic User Defined Language a while back. It helps me. Hopefully it helps you. 

This should be the correct file

• 4.  RE: Editing formulas in Notepad++ ... anyone have a user-defined language file to make this easier?

Posted 09-22-2017 14:42
    Hey Steven - I'd love to use your UDL for Notepad++ for Quick Base.  I don't see it on your post above.  Can you email it to me at joe.acunzo @ SoftTechExperts.com? Even given the Sep 2017 Quick Base update that improves the formula editor, I still think Notepad++ is far superior.  Thanks.