Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Child to Parent Multi Select Lookup Field

Posted 07-18-2019 17:46
    Currently, I have a relationship that looks like this:

">https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1798194/RackMultipart20190718-129233-7dsv5e-alliance_inline.png?1563471624">

Recently, we've come to the conclusion that protocols are going to be attributed to multiple alliances. but the way the current relationship works there can only be 1 related alliance to a protocol.  If I was to make this a Many to Many I would lose the value of the alliance field, (id have to create a new alliance for every protocol. 

Is there a simple way I can get this done.  Basically, all I am trying to achieve is to be able to multi-select 1 of 20 alliances from the alliance table and have the protocols linked to whatever I've chosen.  That way when i look at the alliance table I can see a report link of the related protocols.  

I know I can make duplicate relationships but this number could grow to over 5 related alliances per protocol.

• 2.  RE: Child to Parent Multi Select Lookup Field

Posted 07-18-2019 18:33
    Are yout field, but the results should be

Are you essentially saying that you would like the data entry method to be a multi select field, but the result should be the creation and maintenance correct child records.

If that is your question I previously answered it on this forum and I can call back and see if I can locate my previous answer.

• 3.  RE: Child to Parent Multi Select Lookup Field

Posted 07-18-2019 19:06
    Actually, I just got it, it was more simple than I thought of.  Basically, it was just adding an intermediate table between the alliance and protocols table. I don't know why i didn't think of that.