Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

URL Encode question

• 1.  URL Encode question

Posted 09-09-2017 00:50
    I try creat one button to connect with some website to tracking shipping
    http://elines.coscoshipping.com/NewEBWeb/public/cargoTracking/cargoTracking.xhtml?CARGO_TRACKING_NUMBER_TYPE=BILLOFLADING&CARGO_TRACKING_NUMBER=&REDIRECT=1&uid=

But the i need Encode the number atter "CARGO TRACKING NUMBER=" IT'S IN THE MIDDLE of the web, how can i  creat one FORMULA URL to do it ?

• 2.  RE: URL Encode question

• 3.  RE: URL Encode question

• 4.  RE: URL Encode question

Posted 09-09-2017 01:10
    The number did not encode the right place

• 5.  RE: URL Encode question

• 6.  RE: URL Encode question

Posted 09-09-2017 01:14
    without last "REDIECT=1&UID="  The website does not show it correctly 

• 7.  RE: URL Encode question

Posted 09-09-2017 01:16
    and some web. need encode two numbers at two differnt place, it's also one question 

• 8.  RE: URL Encode question

Posted 09-09-2017 01:22
    The problem is that the website will now allow you to do that.  Even if you paste in the URKL that you see after you do a search, it does not work.  So trying to replicate that URL will not be successful.

Try it. do a manual search and observe the URL.  Copy and paste it manually and you will see that it does not work

• 9.  RE: URL Encode question

Posted 09-09-2017 02:02
    I am guessing this is the type of URL formula field you are looking for:
    "http://elines.coscoshipping.com/NewEBWeb/public/cargoTracking/cargoTracking.xhtml"; &
    "?CARGO_TRACKING_NUMBER_TYPE=" & URLEncode([BILLOFLADING]) &
    "&CARGO_TRACKING_NUMBER=" & URLEncode([CARGO_TRACKING_NUMBER]) & 
    "&REDIRECT=1" &
    "&uid=6157691370"
    You are better of formatting a URL formula with one query parameter per line even in situations above the last two parameters are constants and could be written as one string:
    "&REDIRECT=1&uid=6157691370"
    You may think you are shortening the formula if you do this or you may not think you don't need any greater generality but you will just be making your formula more difficult to read and maintain in the future.

• 10.  RE: URL Encode question

Posted 09-09-2017 02:08
    I figure it out
    thanks a lot