Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Creating a search box on a form

Posted 08-20-2014 20:55

I have a table called line items that is linked to inventory and I select the inventory by either its supplier part #, company part # or its description. Is there a way to create a box that will search for any of those value in an inventory item and populate some suggestions. I know I can do it for reports but I need it on my form. Any help would be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Creating a search box on a form

Posted 08-20-2014 21:04
    This is a native feature.

You can check the checkbox on the [related item] field Properties

Use a record picker instead of a drop down menu

Then I suggest that you specify a report to use for that record picker so that it will search the fields that you want it to search. Set the standard Record Picker fields for the item table to be those fields that you want to search on.

• 3.  RE: Creating a search box on a form

Posted 08-21-2014 15:29
    Problem solved. Thank you for the quick response it was very helpful!

• 4.  RE: Creating a search box on a form

Posted 08-21-2014 15:33
    :)

• 5.  RE: Creating a search box on a form

Posted 09-29-2015 23:09
    I am trying to do something simiar but I have found that the record picker just takes too long. Is there any way to create a field similar to the record search button (widget) we can use outside on home pages? I want to be able to search and get autocomplete from a products table.

• 6.  RE: Creating a search box on a form

Posted 08-11-2017 19:03
    I have the same question as Michael. It would be nice to have a search widget in the form itself. Is there a URL formula for this?