Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Install Status This Week

Posted 11-06-2017 13:12
    Hey folks,

I'm tracking installation status (Not Started, Started, Completed) by week of & I have actual start dates. I'd like to create a summary report that shows the status of the installs throughout the week.

For example, Site# A starts on Wednesday. I want it to show on Monday that it is "Not Started" and once the site is started (by the "Actual Start Date" being filled in), it will flip to "Started". And once the site is completed (By "Installation Completion Date" being filled in), it will flip to "Completed".

What I'm looking for is how to appropriately set the filters on the summary report that will prevent me from having to update it every Monday morning.

Thank you!!!

• 2.  RE: Install Status This Week

Posted 11-06-2017 16:52
    Do you have a "Scheduled Install Date"?  You will need to have some identifier that make is fall into the 'current week'.  Because your other dates are blank at the beginning of the week.

Also, you will want to make a formula-text field that evaluates the conditions and returns one of the three options; Not Started, Started, Completed.

• 3.  RE: Install Status This Week

Posted 11-06-2017 17:00
    I have an "Estimated Install Start Date", and my formula is already built and working properly.

• 4.  RE: Install Status This Week

Posted 11-06-2017 17:06
    Try using the filter;
    [Scheduled Install Date] is during the current week.

Or if you want to show several weeks and their status, expand the filter a few weeks, but then group the summary report.

Taking it to the next level would be to use a 'stacked bar chart'.
    The x -axis would be your 'scheduled install date' grouped by week.
    y-axis is '# of jobs' (option at the bottom of the list).
    series would be 'status'.

Its a strong visual to easily see progress and updates.