Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

Strange Characters in Report Names in Dashboards

  • 1.  Strange Characters in Report Names in Dashboards

    Posted 05-25-2017 21:47
    I don't know if anyone has experienced but occasionally I see my reports in the dashboard showing strange characters instead of report names.  My efforts to elicit a response from QB support have been marred by a flat response that they cannot reproduce the issue.

    Does anyone have a similar issue?  A screenshot is attached.
     


  • 2.  RE: Strange Characters in Report Names in Dashboards

    Posted 05-26-2017 15:12
    I do know that adding & (ampersands) to report-names causes issues with the ability to later customize and overwrite reports.  Not sure about that specific issue.


  • 3.  RE: Strange Characters in Report Names in Dashboards

    Posted 05-26-2017 17:35

    It is probably a character encoding problem. QuickBase currently uses windows-1552 encoding while most web sites use urf-8.

    Wait a minute - I just checked on IE11 and the console is now reporting

    >document.characterSet

    "utf-8"

    On Monday at Empower I checked and Chrome was reporting windows-1552 and I was seeing problem with the question mark in black diamond and non-breaking spaces.

    So maybe the QB has fixed this since you asked the question or something else is in the works.

    If character problems persist I would suggest you test in several browsers and report the results of typing document.characterSet into the console (press F12 to expose)

    Only QuickBase can fix this problem.