Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

Contact Form Recommendation

• 1.  Contact Form Recommendation

Posted 5 days ago
    I want to add a contact form table where potential customers could enter in their information and answer questions via a drop down menu. I could then send a hyperlink by email to these potential customers so they could enter in basic info.

a) trying to see if anyone has done this before, remember this would be for non users of QB.
    b) If it can be donewould u recommend I build a separate app so that these people would only see questionnaire and not potential of opening up my app to anyone else online.
    c) I want the info in the questionnaire to link to their profile we already have for them in quickbase so that we can better provide them with the right products and estimate.

Any help would def be appreciated.

------------------------------
    Joshua Smith

• 2.  RE: Contact Form Recommendation

Posted 4 days ago
    Yes, you can open an app up to everyone on the internet. (EOTI)  Sometimes for new Realms, the ability to open up to everyone on the internet is blocked so if you cannot do it by searching for the user called

everyone on the internet

then you will need to put in a support ticket.

I do suggest a separate app to help safeguard again accidentally messing up a permission setting later on and exposing your main app to  EOTI.  Then I would do a cross app relationship initiated on the child side which would be the EOTI app to make those records children of your contacts (Profiles) in your main app.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Contact Form Recommendation

Posted 4 days ago
    .. also you need to set the form for view to be just a blank a thank you form with no actual fields showing, so that other EOTI users cannot see other forms.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 4.  RE: Contact Form Recommendation

Posted 3 days ago
    Mark,

Thank you I may have some more questions as i get this up and running so if I do I will give you a quick shout.

Thank you
    Joshua Smith

Joshua Smith

• 5.  RE: Contact Form Recommendation

Posted 3 days ago
    np, setting up an EOTI app has some best practises.  They are probably documented somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 6.  RE: Contact Form Recommendation

Posted 3 days ago
    The ABC Customer Request Tracker on the Quick Base app Exchange is a good example:

ABC Customer Request Tracker

Adam Keever