Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

How can I create a field to automatically insert a project ID number (sequence) to each project as they are added?

• 1.  How can I create a field to automatically insert a project ID number (sequence) to each project as they are added?

Posted 11-05-2015 15:22

• 2.  RE: How can I create a field to automatically insert a project ID number (sequence) to each project as they are added?

Posted 11-05-2015 15:26
    I suggest that you just use the Record ID# of the Project as it's sequence number.

• 3.  RE: How can I create a field to automatically insert a project ID number (sequence) to each project as they are added?

Posted 03-29-2018 17:46

What if you want to concatenate additional text onto the record ID.  It won't let you do that

• 4.  RE: How can I create a field to automatically insert a project ID number (sequence) to each project as they are added?

Posted 03-29-2018 22:33
    No problem. Just make a new formula Text field to do that. The Key field will still be the [Record Id#] field, but you can use the other field wherever you like.

• 5.  RE: How can I create a field to automatically insert a project ID number (sequence) to each project as they are added?

Posted 07-23-2018 17:19
    What would this formula look like if I wanted the new record ID to be the first letter of a field plus the record ID? TIA

• 6.  RE: How can I create a field to automatically insert a project ID number (sequence) to each project as they are added?

Posted 07-23-2018 17:47
    It would be a formula text field like

Left([Project Name],1) & ToText([Record ID#])

• 7.  RE: How can I create a field to automatically insert a project ID number (sequence) to each project as they are added?

Posted 07-23-2018 17:57
    Thank you!

• 8.  RE: How can I create a field to automatically insert a project ID number (sequence) to each project as they are added?

Posted 11-05-2015 15:48
    Thank you!