Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Need clarity on Notifications sent upon record deletion

Posted 10-11-2018 19:25
    In a table, under the settings "Notifications, subscriptions, & reminders", I have a notification set to email a user when a record has been deleted.  

This email has been received when a record is deleted through the (more) dropdown while viewing the record in a form.  The email is never received if the record is deleted from a report view.

Is there a way to always get a notification for when a record has been deleted, regardless if deleted from within a form, the report, or even through a report link?

Thanks for any advice on this. 

• 2.  RE: Need clarity on Notifications sent upon record deletion

Posted 10-11-2018 19:28
    That is meant only for database changes. Such as hard deletion. If it has disappeared from a report, but is actually there in the database, it is because of a change. Use the modify option instead.

• 3.  RE: Need clarity on Notifications sent upon record deletion

Posted 10-11-2018 19:36
    I should clarify that in this question.  In the report the record is deleted also by clicking on the built in checkbox in the report and then clicking the delete button above the report that appears (usually showing the number of records you selected).  It's not a show/hide.  

The record is actually deleted from the database once it's deleted in the report, or if it's deleted in the form.  The notifications only is received if a record is deleted from within a form.

• 4.  RE: Need clarity on Notifications sent upon record deletion

Posted 10-11-2018 19:42
    Aah! Make sure the notification is set to run "for either type of change". You will see this option under Advanced Options.

• 5.  RE: Need clarity on Notifications sent upon record deletion

Posted 10-11-2018 19:43
    I suggest to check if the Notification is set to fire for multiple records.  That is set in Advanced Options for the Notification.

There are three radio button choices.

only when single managers change (e.g., Add, Edit)
    only when multiple managers change (e.g., Import)
    for either type of change