Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Create outlook email button on the form that contains long body text

Posted 01-08-2019 13:49
    I want to create a email button on the form to open outloook and send directly to the customer. I use formula URL below

"mailto:"&""&[PR - CR - Email]&"\n"&"?subject="&"\n"&URLEncode([subject1_Warranty Determination]) &""&"&body="&""&([Email body])&"&"

The field [Email body] is a formula text. It works fine if the email body [Email body] is short, which means that I click a button, an outlook window opens up. However, I add a long body text, nothing has came up. Can anyone please advice on how to create a button email that can have a long body formatted text?

Thank you!

• 2.  RE: Create outlook email button on the form that contains long body text

Posted 01-08-2019 13:51
    Everett Patterson,

Do you have any idea for this problem?

Thank you!

• 3.  RE: Create outlook email button on the form that contains long body text

Posted 10-22-2019 15:58
    There is an undocumented URL length limit in browsers.  (Most have a limit of 2KB.)  SendToOutlook add-on has a method to get around this length limitation and work with any size message.  Have a look here:  http://www.SoftTechExperts.com/sendtooutlook.html.  Contact me directly on how to use SendToOutlook to get around this limit, if you still have a need.  Thanks.

------------------------------
    Joe Acunzo
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    SoftTechExperts
    joe.acunzo@SoftTechExperts.com
    203-481-1222 ext. 316
    ------------------------------