Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Embedded report on Parent ""form"" from Child table when field is on second Parent table

• 1.  Embedded report on Parent ""form"" from Child table when field is on second Parent table

Posted 04-25-2019 17:54
    I have 3 tables in this question: Parts, Part Assignments and Part Transfers. Parts and Part Transfers are both parent tables and unrelated to each other directly. Part Assignments is a child table related to each.

Part Transfers have many Parts related one record. I want an embedded report, on the Part Transfers form, that shows ALL the Part Assignments for ALL the Parts listed in the related embedded report not just the Part Assignments related to the Material Transfer.

Example:
    Part Transfer #10 has 4 Part Assignments that are related to it. Each of the Parts, that those Part Assignments are related to, have many other Part Assignments not related to this Part Transfer. I need to point out that each Part Assignment can only relate to one Part.

The end result I want to see is an embedded report that shows all the Part Assignments for all the Parts listed, and then I can modify that report to group by Part Number. 

• 2.  RE: Embedded report on Parent ""form"" from Child table when field is on second Parent table

Posted 04-25-2019 18:15
    This is possible to do natively, but would take more time to explain than I have right now.  Please contact me at www.quickbase.com if you would like 1 on one assistance to set this up.

Basically the idea is to set up a table to hold the Record ID# of the Focus Part Transfer.  The user would be sitting on a Part Transfer record and push a URL formula button. That would record the Part Transfer Focus Record ID# and then refresh the record.

Meanwhile, the Focus Record ID# would get looked down to the part Assignments and then would "light up" the Part Assignments.  Then the "lit up" part assignments would "light" up the Parts.

Then by the time the record refreshed it would have a correct embedded report of all the Part Assignments for all "lit up" parts.  The Embedded report would be set to only display (form rules)  if the Part Transfer was in focus.