Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  I'd like to lock a record after its marked ""inactive"" to all users except for Admin. Is it doable?

Posted 07-25-2016 23:00
    I'd like to lock a record after its marked "inactive" to all users except for Admin. Is it doable?

I already have a "custom rule" where the Project Manager is equal to the current user - can i add another rule to that role?

I also have some summary reports under that record - is there a way to also lock those once the project is marked inactive?

see attachment

• 2.  RE: I'd like to lock a record after its marked ""inactive"" to all users except for Admin. Is it doable?

Posted 07-26-2016 03:06
    You can add to you rule that the
    Inactive Oroject is unchecked.

Ie they are allowed to edit if they are the Project Manager and also if the inactive project is unchecked.

If that table of Client Contacts is a child of the Project, then just lookup that checkbox field to the child contacts and use it in a Custom Rule as well.

• 3.  RE: I'd like to lock a record after its marked ""inactive"" to all users except for Admin. Is it doable?

Posted 04-05-2017 13:35
    I need to lock a record from being updated by anyone other than the admin once it has a complete date.  I am new QB and unsure how / where this rule would be written. thanks for any help you can provide

• 4.  RE: I'd like to lock a record after its marked ""inactive"" to all users except for Admin. Is it doable?

Posted 04-05-2017 13:43
    I suggest a setting in Role Permissions for the restricted Roles as a custom Rule. Set that Ro,e to be able to modify records where that the date complete is blank.