Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  perform URL under Webhooks

Posted 11-15-2018 18:28
    I have a URL button to generate a word file.  I'd like to use Webhooks to perform the action automatically with a trigger.  However, I have no experience on Webhooks.  Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: perform URL under Webhooks

Posted 11-15-2018 19:54
    Webhooks are only designed to work with other cloud services that lend themselves to API calls. Out of curiosity, are you using a third party tool to generate the word document?

• 3.  RE: perform URL under Webhooks

Posted 11-15-2018 19:56
    If so, I would call them up and find out if their service can be handled by webhooks. Because when you push a button, you are indirectly triggering one or more API calls to QuickBase. And if that service can be triggered with an API Call, then you should be able to do it with webhooks too. The best person(s) to help you would be those in that 3rd party organization.

• 4.  RE: perform URL under Webhooks

Posted 11-15-2018 19:57
    Hi Surya, thanks for your response.  Yes, we are using Juice's EF+ to generate word file

• 5.  RE: perform URL under Webhooks

Posted 11-15-2018 20:00
    Their product normally operated by a call to their .aspx web page. Try asking them if they can be triggered with an API Call. Then you can use that API call in your webhook. I personally would like to see that working too, as I have used their EF+ before and it is based on a user pushing a button.

• 6.  RE: perform URL under Webhooks

Posted 11-15-2018 20:08
    Hi Surya, thanks!  Just contacted, they provide batch process and is able to get what I want, except the additional $. 

• 7.  RE: perform URL under Webhooks

Posted 11-15-2018 22:11
    Glad it worked out.