Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  I need help creating a button that will ""convert"" a lead.

Posted 07-17-2017 16:41
    I am new to quickbase and am working on the sales process for our client. I have a table called Prospects (basically leads) and what I am trying to do is create a button in the prospect record that is called "Convert". What I want is for when they click convert it will create an account record and populate some of the fields with info from the prospect. Seems simple enough but I keep getting an error when trying to save the URL formula field.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

• 2.  RE: I need help creating a button that will ""convert"" a lead.

Posted 07-17-2017 16:48
    Can you post you most recent URL attempt?

• 3.  RE: I need help creating a button that will ""convert"" a lead.

Posted 07-17-2017 17:01
    Yes so when I use this 

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_OPPORTUNITIES] & "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_276=" & URLEncode ([Record ID#])& "&z=" & Rurl()
    It will take me to the new account record form but when I try to add fields for it to populate like this 

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_OPPORTUNITIES] & "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_10"&[Account]&"&=&_fid_276=" & URLEncode ([Record ID#])& "&z=" & Rurl()

it is not populating the account field.

• 4.  RE: I need help creating a button that will ""convert"" a lead.

Posted 07-17-2017 17:08
    Try this
    URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_OPPORTUNITIES]& "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm"
    & "&_fid_10="   & [Account]
    & "&_fid_276=" & URLEncode ([Record ID#])

& "&z=" & Rurl()

• 5.  RE: I need help creating a button that will ""convert"" a lead.

Posted 07-17-2017 17:19
    That worked perfectly. Thank you!

• 6.  RE: I need help creating a button that will ""convert"" a lead.

Posted 07-17-2017 17:23
    I like to line up my syntax vertically to help avoid syntax errors.  I still often have initial errors, but at least when I go back in to debug them, they are easier to spot.spot.