Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Send Notification based on User Summary field

Posted 07-04-2018 15:30
    I have a parent table "Deliveries" and a child table "Delivery Items". When a delivery arrives, details for the delivery are added and then also on that form delivery items are added via a grid edit. One of these fields in the grid edit is a user field which is the person that the delivery item is for.

I have a summary field on the parent table that is the number of delivery items for "the user"

Is it possible to send an email notification when a delivery is modified and the summary field is greater than zero, to the user listed in that field.

Many thanks for any help.

• 2.  RE: Send Notification based on User Summary field

Posted 07-04-2018 15:48
    The notification needs to be fired from the Delivery items table as those are the records which are changing.  Be sure to also create the notification for when multiple records are added.  it's an option when you build the Notification as to if it is also to fire when multiple records change.  Since you are using Grid Edit, that is a multiple record change.

• 3.  RE: Send Notification based on User Summary field

Posted 07-04-2018 15:50
    I thought this might be the case. I was attempting to avoid this due to the lack of options the multiple records version gives you. Would it be possible in that email to include a link to the parent delivery?

• 4.  RE: Send Notification based on User Summary field

Posted 07-04-2018 15:55
    The single record can include that link.  If you want it to look nice  suggest making a formula URL field called [Link to Delivery] with the formula

urlroot() & "db/" & [_DBID_DELIVERIES] & "?a=dr&rid=" & [Related Delivery]

You will need to check the correct table name in the advanced properties  for the Deliveries table.

For the multi record notification the system will send the user a link to the changed records.  I think that you would need to make that field a default field in the default reports setting so when the user drill into the link, that they will see a column with a link to the delivery.

• 5.  RE: Send Notification based on User Summary field

Posted 07-05-2018 07:09
    Alternatively is there a way you can disable the multiple record version and just send a few single record versions?

• 6.  RE: Send Notification based on User Summary field

Posted 07-05-2018 10:47
    No, the single record notification fires when a single record is modified, not when multiple records are modified like by Grid Edit or by importing.

• 7.  RE: Send Notification based on User Summary field

Posted 07-05-2018 10:53
    Ok, thanks for the help!

• 8.  RE: Send Notification based on User Summary field

Posted 07-05-2018 10:56
    Ah, I've had another idea, could I create a summary field (Type: user list) on the parent table that is just a list of all the users on all the delivery items? Is this possible?

• 9.  RE: Send Notification based on User Summary field

Posted 07-05-2018 11:25
    You already have a way to make a report of My Deliveries where the current user is the user on a delivery item. You can set a subscription report to run each day of my yesterday deliveries.

Or it�s possible to make s button to trigger a subscription report manually. So when the stock Room is finished receiving they can trigger a subscription report to all users of my deliveries today. Only users who have delivery item will receive the report