Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

I need help retrieving the last (Max Date) certification records from my training app.

Mike Mike04-26-2019 11:24

QuickBaseCoach Dev./Training05-01-2019 02:55

• 1.  I need help retrieving the last (Max Date) certification records from my training app.

Posted 04-25-2019 20:40

I need help retrieving the last (Max Date) certification records from my training app. The Parent table is ?Employees?, the Child table is ?Training/Certification?, and each employee can have multiple records. Certification is required every 30 days, but training/re-training or practice can occur multiple times during the 30-day period. I could not get any of the suggestions I found in the Online Help or Community to work. Ultimately, I want to create a notification/subscription, based on the last date of certification, of the due date of re-certification.

• 2.  RE: I need help retrieving the last (Max Date) certification records from my training app.

Posted 04-25-2019 20:50
    Have you tried a simple summary field on the relationship to summarize the maximum of the Training date field?

• 3.  RE: I need help retrieving the last (Max Date) certification records from my training app.

Posted 04-25-2019 21:15
    Thanks for such a quick response. I tried creating a summary (Maximum) of the date field where it only summarizes records where the type is equal to certification. But I�m wondering if the fact that table gets the date from its relationship to another table is the issue.

• 4.  RE: I need help retrieving the last (Max Date) certification records from my training app.

Posted 04-25-2019 21:17
    I'm not understanding.
    If you created that summary field, what is the symptom of the problem?

• 5.  RE: I need help retrieving the last (Max Date) certification records from my training app.

Posted 04-26-2019 11:17
    I can't pull the date into a report or get it to show up on a form.

• 6.  RE: I need help retrieving the last (Max Date) certification records from my training app.

Posted 04-26-2019 11:18
    I suggest that you remove the filter for Type and see if you get a result. If that is the case you filter is the problem.

• 7.  RE: I need help retrieving the last (Max Date) certification records from my training app.

Posted 04-26-2019 11:24
    Just tried it, no change.

• 8.  RE: I need help retrieving the last (Max Date) certification records from my training app.

Posted 04-26-2019 11:41
    Are you summarizing the correct field? Does the field you are summarizing have data?

• 9.  RE: I need help retrieving the last (Max Date) certification records from my training app.

Posted 04-26-2019 11:52
    I'm going to undo the changes I made & try it from scratch, I'm still missing something. When I run a report the records & dates show up.

• 10.  RE: I need help retrieving the last (Max Date) certification records from my training app.

Posted 04-26-2019 12:01
    Maybe the children are not connected to be parent. Do your lookup fields from the parent work?

• 11.  RE: I need help retrieving the last (Max Date) certification records from my training app.

Posted 04-26-2019 13:57
    Thank you for taking time to help, I'll have to re-visit this later

• 12.  RE: I need help retrieving the last (Max Date) certification records from my training app.

Posted 04-26-2019 14:05
    I�m traveling until Tuesday, but if you really stuck contact me at www.QuickBaseCoach.com and I will sort you out. It has to be something simple.

• 13.  RE: I need help retrieving the last (Max Date) certification records from my training app.

Posted 04-26-2019 14:22
    Thank you, I'm definitely stuck. This one's driving me crazier than usual. Going to go through everything again but have to take care of some other tasks first. Have a good weekend.

• 14.  RE: I need help retrieving the last (Max Date) certification records from my training app.

Posted 05-01-2019 00:58
    The children weren't connected properly to the parent, straightened everything out & it now works like a charm. Thanks again!

• 15.  RE: I need help retrieving the last (Max Date) certification records from my training app.

Posted 05-01-2019 02:55
    Thx for letting me know!