Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  notifications to anonymous record owner

Posted 05-03-2017 15:20
    I have a form for employee enrollment and have set role to "access to everyone on the internet" so employees don't have to sign in to complete the enrollment. I want to send them a confirmation (notification) that summarizes their choices. How can I use the employee email field to send the individual notification email when their record owner name is 'anonymous'?

• 2.  RE: notifications to anonymous record owner

Posted 05-03-2017 16:16
    A Notification created which is of Type = Open can send to any email address, whether or not they are a user.  Try rebuilding your Notification from scratch (not a Copy) and set the Type = Open.

• 3.  RE: notifications to anonymous record owner

Posted 03-28-2018 23:14
    I am also trying to the same thing as the original poster. I have created a notification (that confirms we have received their uploaded documents) and type=open. This is an app that has role Parent as "anyone on the internet". The notification setup is asking for a list of emails. I want it to pick the email address of the individual 'anon' user who has just submitted their documents and send them the "receipt confirmation" notification. It's not working for me....

• 4.  RE: notifications to anonymous record owner

Posted 03-28-2018 23:26
    When the anon user enters there document do they tell you their email address as part of their data entry.

If so, in the "email who" box n the Notification setup you can carefully hand type the field name that holds the email address in the usual [square brackets]

e.g.
    Notify who

[Your email address for confirming email]

• 5.  RE: notifications to anonymous record owner

Posted 03-28-2018 23:29
    Yes they do. We have a field "Parent email address". I'll try that. Thank you. My notifications on this app (we use it so that international parents can upload confidential documents for student visas instead of emailing said documents) are a little out of control at the moment. We'll be launching this new app. in a couple of weeks. Works well - just this last step of parent "confirmation receipt" to sort out.

• 6.  RE: notifications to anonymous record owner

Posted 03-28-2018 23:39
    It worked! Thank you.

• 7.  RE: notifications to anonymous record owner

Posted 03-29-2018 00:06
    It is odd that it has never been documented that you can hand type a field name into that box.  The prompt on that setup page does not tell you that.  I have never understood why.