Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  CSV connection to OneDrive / Sharepoint

Posted 12-11-2017 12:19
    Hi. Are there any plans to implement connections to OneDrive / Sharepoint? It's gonna be soon the only option to use cloud storage inside our corporate infrastructure, so automated update will become quite a burden in case this connection will not be available.

• 2.  RE: CSV connection to OneDrive / Sharepoint

Posted 12-11-2017 16:34
    Hi Stepan,

I checked in with our PD team and currently they do not have a OneDrive/Sharepoint connection on the road map. I would encourage you though to include that feedback in our User Voice as a business need for your company. UserVoice is our Feedback Platform- which can most easily be accessed from the My Apps page in Quick Base by clicking on the orange Feedback tab that appears on the left hand side of the page or at http://quickbase.uservoice.com .  This forum is used by our development team to explore customer suggestions for enhancements / changes to the platform.

Alternatively, I do know that we have some Partners that do help with making that connection to Onedrive/Sharepoint that can be found on our Partner page https://www.quickbase.com/partners/find-a-partner

If you need any help finding a specific Partner to fit your needs you can also always put in a support case and our team can help you identify a Partner that would fit your needs. You can create a new case in Quick Base if you click Help > Manage Support Cases > + New Support Case. Thank you for your time today. 

• 3.  RE: CSV connection to OneDrive / Sharepoint

Posted 08-09-2018 03:18
    Hi, 
    Is there Onedrive/Sharepoint integration on the roadmap now maybe? 
    There are multiple asks for this in the uservoice forum. 

We are assessing moving to Powerapps alltogether.

• 4.  RE: CSV connection to OneDrive / Sharepoint

Posted 01-17-2019 18:17
    I third this! I have loads of clients that just want  to put stuff up on Sharepoint and either reference or have an auto upload from a CSV file. I really don't like having to say that this basic office software is not integrated and that they will have to use Zapier or Workado. It is just such a basic thing. :(

• 5.  RE: CSV connection to OneDrive / Sharepoint

Posted 01-22-2019 21:52
    Hi - was wondering what kinds of data is needed for SharePoint and what would a good "Use case" be? We develop add-ons for Quick Base and would like to implement this kind of functionality into our roadmap. Thanks :)

• 6.  RE: CSV connection to OneDrive / Sharepoint

Posted 01-23-2019 05:08
    Ok, examples that I have had clients ask for have been things like, if an image or PPT is loaded into a file, a link to that file appears in a table in QB (logging what is in each file on Sharepoint essentially).
    Some have wanted a file to auto attach to a record in QB. Other have wanted an Excel sheet to auto import when placed into a SharePoint file, to create new records or update to a table in QB. Some have wanted documents to update fields with text for a help page or job description if they were loaded into a file on SharePoint. 

I have others, but this kinda gets the gist.

• 7.  RE: CSV connection to OneDrive / Sharepoint

Posted 09-09-2020 17:26
    Now that Pipelines is here I'm hoping it will be possible with that - although I haven't done it yet.
    Otherwise, I currently use MS Flows to automatically get Excel files into Quick Base.
    Here's my flow:
    Task Scheduler on a PC somewhere 
    MS Flow trigger is a new CSV in a particular SharePoint folder.
    MS Flow will then copy the CSV to a particular Google Drive folder.
    Quick Base sync will read in that CSV.

To get Excel into CSV in the first place, you can either use an MS Flow to convert a table in an Excel file to CSV, or run Task Scheduler on a computer to run some Excel macros to convert whatever range to CSV.

I agree, it would be magic to just have a native sync like Box/GDrive.... please make this happen Quick Base.

------------------------------
    Matt NZ

• 8.  RE: CSV connection to OneDrive / Sharepoint

Posted 01-26-2019 21:46
    It would be magic to just have this as a nice native sync like Box/GDrive. I feel like this holds some of my clients back from using quick base, and is always on of those pain points for me as a developer.

• 9.  RE: CSV connection to OneDrive / Sharepoint

Posted 11-06-2019 08:08
    Stepan,

We have built a tool called Paasporter that will extract and index Quick Base data to a SQLCompliant DB.

www.paasporter.com 

Now that you have SQL, you can use it as a data source for Sharepoint or any other traditional software development tool.  Please reach out and I will get you a demo.

Don

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH