Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Sandbox Creation Error

Posted 08-04-2021 20:11
    Good evening everyone.  I'm having issues creating a sandbox tonight.  I've utilized them in the past and when I went to create one tonight to test out a new change I want to make, I got the below error and wanted to see if anyone else has seen this.  I have tried every different option in sandbox creation with the same result.  I am an administrator in the app.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scott Jones

------------------------------
    Scott Jones

• 2.  RE: Sandbox Creation Error

Posted 08-05-2021 09:48
    Hi Scott,

If you are still running into this issue creating a sandbox I recommend reaching out to our Care team so they can help you take a look at your app and what is causing you to run into sandbox creation issues. You can create a support case right here in community by clicking on Support where it appears on the global navigation at the top of the community page. You can also create a case in Quickbase by clicking the question mark (?) icon that appears in the upper right hand corner of the global nav and selecting Manage Support Cases. They can give you a second set of eyes and help you figure out what is going on since unfortunately that error isn't specific on what is getting in the way.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quickbase

• 3.  RE: Sandbox Creation Error

Posted 08-05-2021 09:53
    Evan,

Thank you for your reply.  I've created a trouble ticket inside QB for this.  I was just curious if anyone else has ever run into this.  I wish QB did give a specific reason why the error is occurring; this has become increasingly frustrating as I have a change I really need to try out in a sandbox before I effect it live.

Scott

Scott Jones

• 4.  RE: Sandbox Creation Error

Posted 08-05-2021 10:52
    Your other option would be to create a full copy of the app and do the change in there to test functionality. Then delete the extra app afterwards. 

I know it doesn't give you the ability to push all changes at once like the sandbox does but you can at least test it out and then implement in production if it isn't a huge change. That is how we used to work before the sandbox anyway.

• 5.  RE: Sandbox Creation Error

Posted 08-05-2021 11:04
    If this issue isn't resolved, that may be the only option.  Thank you.

Scott Jones

• 6.  RE: Sandbox Creation Error

Posted 08-05-2021 13:49
    Hi Scott,

I've seen people run into that error a few times but it is a bit of an umbrella error message so it is easier to diagnose when you can get into the app and take a look around, which Care can help with. I agree that error unfortunately doesn't point you in a specific direction, but error messages overall are something we try to keep making better over time. I'm hoping they can help you get to the bottom of your roadblock quick so you can get back to building and testing.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quickbase