Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Embed for record viewing?

• 1.  Embed for record viewing?

Posted 04-25-2017 14:32
    Okay, so I'm really starting to love the QuickBase community, everyone is so helpful. This one may be a stretch, and I don't really need it, I am just curious as to whether or not it's possible. 

I know report links pop into records as embedded, is there any way to get it so that when you click a record, it displays in the embed without having it link you to the new page? Again, just curious. 

• 2.  RE: Embed for record viewing?

Posted 04-25-2017 14:54
    So you are sitting on a record (let's call it a Project) and there is an embedded report of "Tasks".

You then click on a Task and want what to happen?

• 3.  RE: Embed for record viewing?

Posted 04-25-2017 14:56
    Wow always so fast to respond, it always amazes me how many questions you answer a day!

• 4.  RE: Embed for record viewing?

Posted 04-25-2017 14:55
    Hello,

Are you asking to view the records that are in the underlying report link on the form?  If so then you can change the behavior of a report link by clicking edit the properties of this form element and change the radio buttons to Display the related holdings directly on the form.

• 5.  RE: Embed for record viewing?

Posted 04-25-2017 14:57
    As far as using that same 'embedded' space and displaying the image, I don't think so.

But, you can create a button that will open that record up in a smaller pop-up window.  The button would need to be on the child record report.

Let me know if you need that code

• 6.  RE: Embed for record viewing?

Posted 04-25-2017 15:00
    This would be the best workaround I think, it would be like a "preview" function almost. Would you mind sharing that code?

• 7.  RE: Embed for record viewing?

Posted 04-25-2017 14:59
    So when I click on a "Task" Instead of redirecting me to the screen that displays that record. I was wondering if it could just display it on the embed 

• 8.  RE: Embed for record viewing?

Posted 04-25-2017 15:02
    I think that you are looking for Matthew's suggestion, so over to Matthew now.

• 9.  RE: Embed for record viewing?

Posted 04-25-2017 15:22
    Create a formula-text field, and use this:

"<a class='Vibrant Success' onclick=\"var a=window.open('https://www.google.com/', 'newwindow', 'width=600,height=600');\" >Google</a>"

Replace the google URL with your view url:  
    Something like this for viewing a contact detail record.

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_CONTACTS] & "?a=dr&rid="&[Record ID#]

• 10.  RE: Embed for record viewing?

Posted 01-27-2020 02:53
    Is there a way to disable the hyperlink behavior? i.e., force the viewer to copy/paste the URL rather than click?

------------------------------
    Andrea Sullivan

• 11.  RE: Embed for record viewing?

Posted 01-27-2020 06:28
    Can you explain the use case for disabling a link like that?  Why do you want this behavior?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 12.  RE: Embed for record viewing?

Posted 04-25-2017 15:25
    Perfect! Thanks, Matt!